1979 Ke55 Cs Electrical Issues

juligan

Hey, when i have the lights on at night in my ke55 the charge light comes on. The car also often stalls itself if u leave it in drive without the choke out when u are stopped at traffic lights with the headlights on. Do u have any ideas what it could be, or how to fix it?

Edited by juligan

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...

I had the same problem with my car, but fortunately not as bad as yours. I have same model, same year. If for whatever reason she doesn’t want to go (choke not right, flooded, etc), as I am starting it, the battery will go very flat, very quick. I took out the alternator and had it tested, but it came back ok. I whacked the multimeter on the battery terminals and found that the battery is slowly being drained when it is not running. I don’t know what is draining the battery and I don’t really want to. Due to the nature of your problem I can’t make any suggestion to you other to check your alternator. If anyone has any suggestions can they please contact me, thanks