Door Hinges.

Members dont see this ad

where you from mate?

there are little brass bushes on the hinges that wear, so you need to replace these, the pins are usually good

when i was looking for my ke70 early ford and holden spares in loganholme could do the kits, but they were expensive...so i ended up drilling out the pins and putting a allen key head bolt through...hardly the sort of thing you would do on a correct resto...

cheers, andrew

drop into that ford and holden early spares over the highway from the hyperdome jon and have a chat, i can remember but it was alot more than i was going to pay on my old rust bucket, ill probably be doing it with the new car when i get to that point...

hey I'm am currently restoring my 1971 ke20 SL corolla, so far all is going well just need to know if anyone has had there hinges repinned?

hey I'm new to the club and am in melb

that was the first question i asked. there a guy in QLD whos a fitter and he offered to re do mine for a good cheap price. I'm gonna give it a go this week and i let you know how it goes. he use nolathene bushes in em . ill keep u posted

wont nolathene wear out rather quick?

wheres this bush for? is it the bush around the pin or something different?

cheers, andrew

Hi I'm the fella doing the re-bushing. Ke10 hinges are cast steel with a large bearing area in the centre of the hinge perfect to have a full length bush inserted .The pin is a press fit in the shorter outer half's of the hinge & pivots in the longer centre section about 50mm .The original set-up used two small plastic bushes top & bottom of the middle section about 10mm long I put a full length bush made out of simular material as original. Later model hinges are pressed steel with only a small bearing area the steel plate is punched down to increase the plates thickness usually by about half but still only about 5-8mm bearing area sometimes a longer bush is also put in about 10mm long it has to be made of a bronze material because it doesn't have any support along it's full length only where it goes through the steel plate. I can re- bush both & do it same as origional or in the case of the ke10 maybe a little bit stronger .

I'm not doing this as a business I sent a PM to help out a Fellow ke10 owner :lolcry:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm convinced they came out of the factory with about an inch of slop.

Lol, my drivers door does that. It makes a hell of a creak when I try to close it as well.

(although I think that is the bottom of the door jamming not the hinge)