Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ben.

Thats a vent that lets the airflow out of the car.

You will notice if you look a bit closer at both C pillar vents (the ones that are painted blue), the drivers side is not solid between each grove, where as the passenger side is solid and not vented as it's only a filler door.

As for the waterleak, get someone to sit inside the car with all the windows wound up and the doors shut, while the other person hoses the car, especially around the window frames/rubbers. :(

Cheers. ;)

The leak may just be broken rubber seal or the rubber has perished and become hard over time, becoming slightly smaller and allowing water to seep. As above, do the hose trick but if you cannot find the leak, i'd start checking the rubbers for signs of excessive wear. Goodluck :(

Looks like you got your work cut out for you on this car, it's good to see so much motivation going into her and i think it's great that your dad is helping you with it. I reccon the spare #2 would be cool. I''m a fan of deep dish rims on old cars.

Just an idea about you dash... Fill up all the cracks on top with body filler then buy some leather or vinyl and glue it on. That would be a cheap fix.. Might look alright. Another idea it make a new top peice out of Mdf though i think that would be very tricky and a lot of stuffing around. Just thought of those ideas when i was writing this post.

Clean them all up and trial fit them. Then stand back and see what you think.

I am thinking the current ones at the moment, but would need to see them on the

car and compared to the others.

yeah, the first set of spares have another lot of tyres for them and they have white writing, they look nice as. :D

Looks like you got your work cut out for you on this car, it's good to see so much motivation going into her and i think it's great that your dad is helping you with it. I reccon the spare #2 would be cool. I''m a fan of deep dish rims on old cars.

Just an idea about you dash... Fill up all the cracks on top with body filler then buy some leather or vinyl and glue it on. That would be a cheap fix.. Might look alright. Another idea it make a new top peice out of Mdf though i think that would be very tricky and a lot of stuffing around. Just thought of those ideas when i was writing this post.

it is great havign a mechanic for a dad. :) tyres for the second set arent being made anymore my dad said its like something by 70 across, they are quite wide and owuld stick out the side a fair bit, and I'm not a big fan of flares,

and for the dash, that isnt a bad idea :( i might ask dad if we could try it.

cheers. :P

Edited by benpedder

**UPDATE**

all that is left to be sanded is the grill part, then once dad fixes the boddy work this car shall be painted :P

iwant it blue again but not sure whether to go for light or dark? any suggestions.

Edited by benpedder

looks good man, good progress, go the spares 1 wheels, they will look ace, we had soem no my mums ke25 for a while, they looked good and they are a good size and offset for stock gaurds, don't go spares 2, mk 2 spitties are very shite imo... lol

heres a pic of the ke25 with the mk 1 spitfires (spares 1) they are 13x6.5

post-4872-1214551138.jpg

post-4872-1214551200.jpg

james

Edited by kewagon

G'day Ben :P

With the dash if it isn't boulging up to much, maybe just get a dash mat made for it, or get it carpeted out of black carpet.

As for the colour, I reckon the blue it was before wasn't to bad.

Light blue wouldn't really suit it, and also just keep in mind whatever colour you decide to paint it, the inside and engine bay will have to be done to match the rest of the car.

That picture of the ke20 that you have with the chrome mags is a nice looking colour. :( :D

Keep the pics coming. Just a tip, you can never take enough pictures of your progress when restoring cars as they may come in handy when you need to find out how something went together, aswell as the before and after shots of the car. :D ;) :)

Cheers, Mark .