benpedder

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is going to be a cool car once its finished ill be keeping an eye on it I'm about to start the exact same project

good stuff. so far it has been the most boring time of my life, haha i swear after this I'm NEVER touching sandpaper again :P

I'm a painter and i have to sand nearly everyday, Been doing it for just on 11 years now.

The finished product does come down to how much effort you put in on the prep.

With seeing if you have any misses, get a big 500w halogen flood light (you can buy them from the hardware store for about 15-20 bucks) Get it as close as you can to the body of the car and shine it down the side of the pannels. That way it will show you if there are anything you still need to sand (or fill)

I'm a painter and i have to sand nearly everyday, Been doing it for just on 11 years now.

The finished product does come down to how much effort you put in on the prep.

With seeing if you have any misses, get a big 500w halogen flood light (you can buy them from the hardware store for about 15-20 bucks) Get it as close as you can to the body of the car and shine it down the side of the pannels. That way it will show you if there are anything you still need to sand (or fill)

thanks for the tip :D with the car nearly ready to be painted i don't want it be not work out properly :P

Have you been guide coating and sanding to find the high/low spots ?

not yet once we get primer on dad is going to mist the car with black paint then just rub the black off with a long sanding block thing, that way it will show where everytihng is :P