Murd's 55

Murd 55

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

so finally got some work done, had to happen eventually, thanks to ryan for doing most the work for me, didnt get photos of all we did but most of where the rust is, stripped some other places where there was small amounts of rust and have weld through primed everything as the car is out in the weather can't afford to let any water get to the metal.

cut the fuel filler out as well, might be filling over and locating elsewhere not sure yet, if i can get one that isnt rusted to hell and back i will prob put one back there if not i will modify a filler in the boot.

ill let the pictures talk :)

post-4225-1254702006_thumb.jpg

post-4225-1254701953_thumb.jpg

just had to snap this one is the rear ride height with the new springs, deff liking the fitment bring on some 15x8's

post-4225-1254701980_thumb.jpgpost-4225-1254701991_thumb.jpg

possibly the worst of the rust in the car and the hardest to fix, but ryan is talented I'm sure ;)

post-4225-1254702022_thumb.jpg

GOT BOG? lol plan on stripping the repair back hammer and dolly it alot better and then as little bog as possible, i did strip alot more out and omgg my mums driveway had a distinct bog tinge to it!

EDIT: going to mums today might take some more photos.

Edited by Murd 55

Lookin Good, which ryan (take it from the wheels you mean Slo).

Make sure you take lots of pics when you remove whats under the fuel filler, I'm curious how much rust there actually is in it.

the wheels are mine came on sharki, but yes slo and i have taken the filler out already was alot the metal all broke when tryin to pull it out haha, well wasnt really much metal anymore but ya kno, voted for a shaved filler and have it in the boot will photoshop a pic later so you all get what i mean but will be good i reckon!

EDIT:

something like this for the boot with a piano hinge or something to a trap door for easy access to the spare!

post-4225-1254731814.jpg

Edited by Murd 55

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

shed still isn't up. pretty slack really.

car still waiting for metal to be welded back in, if anyone wants to give a hand i wont say no!

i actually scanned the colour slide i had so as everyone can get a better idea of the colour, view full for better look!

post-4225-1266488297_thumb.jpg

here final photo-chop i can be bothered to do now that Ive actually scanned the slide, looks far more realistic! (once again full view for best image!)

post-4225-1266490089_thumb.jpg

has pretty much stopped progress on this for a while as Ive just started at trade-school so spent a fair wad getting setup as well as tafe fees, stupid system my boss has makes us pay then pays us back when we complete as well as the Silvia having had some issues i had to throw money at to sort out on top of normal everyday expenses, not easy on a first year apprentice wage, but once things smooth out a bit I'm sure there will be plenty! For now i am worried about other stuff and not so interested but i will be again once i can afford it i am sure.

just an idea my dad and i had floating around, not sure (rims are huge to cover the redwalls, not for any other reason)

post-4225-1266569524_thumb.jpg

post-4225-1266574232_thumb.jpg

Edited by Murd 55

Yesh. First year wages SUCK! I am now third year, and money still sucks. But weird thing is, you can make yourself live off a first year wage, and maybe have a tiny bit left over by the end of the week. Though when you are 3rd year, you barely have anything left ha.

Cars can be hard to hold interest unless you are pure grease blood ha. I work on cars everyday and at the end of the day, you just want to relax!

Good luck with it!