Bigger Rims On A Ke70

trav_555

sneezi.jpg

that looks nice but its not just the wheels that look nice. to have a car look that nice you need a wicked paint job, engine, interior and some decent suspension. if you arent commited to doing the whole package then you end up with a half arsed car with blingy wheels and we have all seen what that looks like, just check out the next VL you see and chances are it will be in that category.

i think if you want big wheels make sure you do it right.

• 2 years later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Car enthusist's will do whatever they want because in their mind it is alright with them.

Nothing is wrong and only looks good to people who like it.

...for the person who said 17" wheels will decrease hp, your kinda wrong because if you keep the same overall diameter of the entire wheel it won't change anything except tyre roll when cornering because you have a lower profile on a 17' wheel.

People who stretch narrow tyres onto a wide rim are just coping the Jap spec drifter trend called "hipari". Theres not much difference than a low profile on bigger rim just that you get less traction.

Try getting some decent hp on a "hipari" 9J 185/60... It be like a wheel barrow with a V8 attached to it.

In saying this all it is just my opinion. Each to their own....

Also if you wanna do something don't sit around talking about it.

Do it!

To the person who started this topic Bigger rims on a KE70 you can do it I'm doing it to my gf's Auto KE70 and all i need is spacers coz the offset of the rims is wrong. But in my words i think it looks good. If not as good as my RX70 which ill be running on 15" wheels.

...for the person who said 17" wheels will decrease hp, your kinda wrong because if you keep the same overall diameter of the entire wheel it won't change anything except tyre roll when cornering because you have a lower profile on a 17' wheel.

Actually not true - when you go to a bigger wheel for the same overall diameter you are moving mass towards the rim of the wheel, which increases the flywheel inertia effect and means that you need more power to spin the wheels. This is compounded when people use cheap heavy fully-sik 19" chromies and wonder why a turtle beats them off the line.

Actually not true - when you go to a bigger wheel for the same overall diameter you are moving mass towards the rim of the wheel, which increases the flywheel inertia effect and means that you need more power to spin the wheels. This is compounded when people use cheap heavy fully-sik 19" chromies and wonder why a turtle beats them off the line.

very true.

also depends on the weight of the wheels also.

a bigger light weight alloy wheel has the potential to have a better moment of inertia than a smaller steel wheel. would be interesting to run the calcs to compare the two.

ive had 18x7.5's on an ae71 and (imo) it looked good and fit nice, barely scrubbed.. But yea like everyone else said.. It will handle like a tractor and slow your car down.. It is possible, but, why the f would you want to ? Oh and also the clearance between the strut and the rim was like 1mm