Bigger Rims On A Ke70

trav_555

why would it change the speed id get ones with the same diamter tread as stock ones

I'm from coffs harbour

and i just wanted to know geez ive seen ones on here that have 18s and they look nice i just thought id go a bit smaller. i just want my car to be different. what is the max offset i can have without mods? i didnt want them to have 205 i would prefer same width/ 195 max but yeah.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the poor kid a break. Yes, chrome wheels are not the most fitting thing to an older car, but each to there own.

I think me forgot to add the part - whats the largest wheels you can fit to a ke70, yet keeping the same rolling diameter.

In QLD, Anymore than 2" above standard gets a bit hairy with the transport department for legality reasons I'm told.

I don't like being natzi. But, keep your opinions to yourselves hey.. this isnt an 86DC off topic discussion :(

HEY THERE NEWB,

DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERZ...

DO YOUR OWN THANG, IT'S YOUR CAR!!!

it's good (and brave) of you to ask the question before you mod your car.

but for you other rollaclub members, go easy... not everyone likes the stretch look on stupidly wide rims. if you give an opinion, it doesn;t have to be done.

TRAV555, the 17's will fit (with some smart bolt ons), and if you like it, do it. someone has to be the first.

i have seen plenty of xE7x's on 17's that look awesome, mine included.

i now have the 17's on my ke38 and it is slammed, and they don't rub a bit, and all who see it say it looks good, so if u like it do it.

mine are 17 x 7's 4/100pcd with a +38 offset, running a bolt on hub adapter that converts stud pattern from 114.3 to 100.

I SAY DO IT!!!

(however if you intend to race seriously, i'd suggest lighter smaller wheels for better acceleration and handling.)

post-5644-1214127778_thumb.jpg

these weigh about 7 kg each. without tyres FYI

i really do like 17s but i like driving a bit more so while i have my p's i think i might get some 195/50/15s so as not to grab a heap of attention and lose my licence. thanks for the input and big rims on corollas look awesome(like your car!!) yeah so thanks man.

I personally don't like anything larger than a 15" on a E7. Those wheels in the for sale link aren't the best styling either. It's a message board where we share opinions and that's mine.

Depending on the widths and offset of those wheels you're after, you could get away with the bolt on conversion spacers. The conversion spacers will be at least 25mm thick. So if the wheels are 7" wide up front, the offset would have to be originally +30 or there abouts for it to clear rolled guards. Even then, I think you'll have trouble rolling around in 17s with those spec wheels.

bolt on spacers arnt really "Smart" they are illegal for use on road and track, not saying i wouldn't run them but it will be obvious to a police man that i have big dish and flared guards why would i run a spacer

15" is a good decision other wise it will be

hear the car................feel the bass..............see the car............laugh.

15's with a slightly lowered car make it look a whole heap better than big bling rims on e7's, because who wants to see a slow old e7 going even slower on huge wheels?

Each to their own, but mix and match and find a good compromise :(

i wouldnt trust spacer because i wouldnt trust em with my life so i wouldnt trust them at all. but yeah if you want to be on the dangerous side go for it but if i had the choice between 17s and spacers for free and stock i would say keep ya spacers ill stay alive. thats my input on spacers. :(