Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Ke20 Thread.

Featured Replies

As mentioned in my ke30 thread I bought this little beastie yesterday, had been sitting in a grandmas front lawn for 10 years untouched.

 

We put a battery and some fuel in and it went second turn of the key, absolutely no brakes but that didn't stop us going for a drive out of the driveway and down the driveway to the shed and in for a bit of disassembly.

 

Anyhow I have some before photos of as I found it and after a decent wash.

 

Still running the factory 3k with k40, has some interesting trim my other ke20 L didn't have. Though the boot is not original the L badge may not mean anything after all.

 

I tried bleeding the brakes and had no luck there is a break in the line for the rear part of the circuit. The tyres were flat but are brand new withall the nobby bits still there, unfortunately they are retreads. I haven't ever even seen 12" retreads before.

 

 

Plans:

 

Respray in white.

 

Put my jelly beans on.

 

Mild 4k

 

Grey cloth interior.

 

Cruise.

 

Anyway I have been looking for a cheap ke20 for ages. Cost $250 :( :) :) Minimal rust and only one major dent. the pics I had seen of it before going to pick it up looked lots worse than what it actually is.

 

Here we go..... Tomorrow we are painting the plastics on the front silver. :yes:

post-5829-1214122811_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1214122896_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1214122989_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1214123025_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 36
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice pick up.

 

definate potential.

 

give me a PM if you need any parts, i rekon i could help you out.

 

cheers, scott

  • Author
nice pick up.

 

definate potential.

 

give me a PM if you need any parts, i rekon i could help you out.

 

cheers, scott

 

 

Cheers, I was going to start a "parts list" as such over the next week and go into your f/s thread. Already have a new genuine dash pad.

 

 

Apart from not being able to stop it drives pretty smoothly. Lots of angry redbacks hiding in there though....

  • Author

Spent all of the afternoon pulling this panel straight. The final result should be pretty good!

post-5829-1214207323_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Today I stripped off the front guards, apron, bumper, bonnet, doors, boot.

 

Only had one bolt snapped off into the body.

 

 

Also started tearing off all of the original paint, got most of the LH rear quarter, accidentally found the lead loading in one patch but only took a tiny bite out of it.

  • Author

Pulled it ouf of the shed again today for a quick wash off all the dust from dirt under the guards, etc.

 

 

My handywork on the panel is not that great lol, I will skim it before paint, one day when funds permit I will have it fixed up properly, I will also have some extra paint mixed up for this occasion.

 

I think the fuel pump has died, not really that surprising after sitting so long something had to break, however I did drive it back to the shed again lol.

 

 

The pic of the rust is the worst pary in the whole car, rustwise it is very good, lliving in the country since new may have helped it.

 

Hopefully getting my paint tomorrow. :P

post-5829-1214466970_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1214467047_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1214467157_thumb.jpg

sh*t yeah thats a good score man..

 

good luck it'll be a overrated cruiser wen its done.

Good stuff, will be getting stuck into the bodywork on mine soon as well.

 

Great price :P

  • Author

Got my paint today, colour matched to the original cream colour.

 

Would have pics but already sealed the tin back up.

 

Another $190 blown on this one :P

How many liters ?

  • Author
How many liters ?

 

4, should be plenty to get the outside and in the doors and the boot finished, not pulling the motor out until after she is registered yet.

Nice, not a bad price at all.

Should be plenty to do those bits, and have a bit left for later. :P

  • Author

Only got acrylic, nothing fancy. gonna rip into it over the next 4 weeks, I am on holidays because the cook is having the kid soon. :P

Cool as. Acrylic aint that bad, I am using the same myself in the next few weeks.

Gotta love holidays :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.