Supercharged 3t-c Ke30

kryton brown

Hi guys, I've had this for a while now and i thought it was about time i do some more work on it..

I originally had an immaculate T-18 which i only owned for 6 months due to my brother writing off! *Spewin* ;)

I then bought this KE30 4door, it was rough as guts but after i lost my pride and joy i had no money, and as a struggling first year apprentice i had to make do..

I proceeded to pull out the engine and 5speed, seats and a few other bits and pieces from the T-18 before cutting the whole lot up with a 9inch angle grinder and taking the rest to the tip!

I was surprised how easy it was to fit the 3T motor and box into the KE30 though. (i didn't know about rollaclub back then to get tips from)

I was always keen to have a go at supercharging it back then but never had the time or money to do anything about it,

all i could afford was a weber off a two litre cortina.. haha

It went pretty well for an old clunker though and i drove it like that for about 18 months or so when a few more dollars were earned i bought a VS commodore ute. and the corolla was put aside to (*collect dust* and hopefully) be finished another day, month, year? :(

Anyway, enough shit.. I've finally gotten all excited about her again and i've started to do a bit more work on her so i thought i'd post some pics and let you know how i go..

post-2063-1214268934_thumb.jpg

I know its rough but it'll get better.. at least it looks better than that original mustard colour..

post-2063-1214268945_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1214268961_thumb.jpg

Whats that saying about sleeping dogs? Maybe i can wake up some sleeping horses..

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god damn,

whats with the sudden outburst of tassy members!!!!!!

Nice ride. very bright lol

Not complaining! :D

I think its cruise time again......keep an eye on the tassie section! :P

Edited by Taz_Rx

• 2 months later...

Well I know it's been ages since i've updated this but i've been busy moving house to the other end of the state with the car a 2.5 hour drive away. I've been tinkering with a couple of bits, although not yet finished.

post-2063-1221445959_thumb.jpg post-2063-1221446005_thumb.jpg

I had my uncle bore a hole in the bottom of the inlet manifold, the supercharger outlet will face backwards then go up into the manifold. I have made an aluminium plate to cover the original hole in the top, I also put a cold start injector from a sv21 camry in there also.. not sure what i will use it for yet.. maybe water injection or nos if i get excited..

post-2063-1221446290_thumb.jpg

I have also been trying to fit this instrument cluster in from my missus' old AE92 which she wrote off last year. I've got it to fit ok although i'm not sure if i like it yet. will see what it looks like after i smooth the edges and paint it. I might even try to make some white gauge faces to mach my other gauges i have to put in the left half..

What size is the cold start injector?

I dare say it'l be too big for water/meth, and you can't use it for NOS, they use little jets like a carby.

Where you moving to?

I'm not sure how much the injector will flow.. I haven't measured it. I figured once i got my motor going I would just have a play and experiment with it..

I've moved down to Hobart now..

I started my own mobile Auto Electrical buisness.. I't would've been better in Launceston but the missus had to move down for work.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...