Rolla Cruise

Jamin

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your faster than a commodore through the twisties you shouldnt have a problem through the hills. When at the more faved stop points theres a few little tricks to avoiding the cops if they decide to show up.......

thats funny cos i raced a mate in a commo when i was stock 4k with two people and my subs etc. and he couldn't keep up with me!

interesting to see how i could go with a sc 20v! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt know if there was one already but.....

I thought it would be a good idea to organise a "ultimate rolla meet/cruise"

for exsample start to through some ideas around about the best day of the week, time of day, date, meeting place, roads etc that most people will be happy with.

Just because i would love to see 50+ (i would be happy with 2+ =) ) Rollas in a convy somwhere to show the ROLLA POWA!!! :P

Just a thought :fuzz:

Cheers

Douggeh

The Victor Harbour Cruise last year was fantastic,

We should definately do something like that again!

There were 7 or 8 people (from memory) which was an ok number!

I also liked the fact that it was a Saturday day - now I know that cuts some people out for work, and maybe Victor harbour is a bit far for some people to cruise to atm with the way pettie is going, but there was bugger all cops on that cruise, caus heaps of people take day trips to Victor Harbour anyway!

Whatever is organises, if it's done early enough and promoted properly, then people have plenty of time to keep a date free, save up pettie $$, and tell their friends, and it's going to be a much more exciting day with a much bigger turnout than these "Lets meet next saturday night, I'm free" cruises.

If someone's keen to do the initial organising, I'll be in on it - I'll encourage the 5 or so corolla enthusiests from the Barossa to come along!

Cheers,

KJ :-)

thing is most cruises are hill cruises. and unforunately i always find these rather disappointing and puts me off going on any cruises. whats the point of meeting up then driving thru the hills like knobs. a CRUISE is meant to be a slow convoy to show off the cars. so whats with late night hill cruises. its just for the drift nuts to show off what they can do. so what, doesnt sound fun to me.

a good cruise is a daytime cruise slow paced, well kept to the speed limits where people don't get lost and don't get left behind.

victor is probably out of my way for a cruise and saturdays are a never so a victor cruise in a saturday aint gonna win my vote either.

Well said!!

But yeah it's hard to find a day/time when majority of people are available..

I guess just putting it out there early enough gives people time to change their schedule to make themselves available..

And I don't think there's anywhere these days that you can cruise without seeing cops somewhere.

KJ :-)

thing is most cruises are hill cruises. and unforunately i always find these rather disappointing and puts me off going on any cruises. whats the point of meeting up then driving thru the hills like knobs. a CRUISE is meant to be a slow convoy to show off the cars. so whats with late night hill cruises. its just for the drift nuts to show off what they can do. so what, doesnt sound fun to me.

a good cruise is a daytime cruise slow paced, well kept to the speed limits where people don't get lost and don't get left behind.

victor is probably out of my way for a cruise and saturdays are a never so a victor cruise in a saturday aint gonna win my vote either.

Not everyones a drifter

I enjoy both types of cruises :fuzz: and i far from a drift nut. but then again i own a FWD corolla

Not everyones a drifter

agreed there are those of us that don't drive RWD vehicles

every car is defectable =)

to true, and this has even been said by a police officers that i have spoken to off of the record :P

True, but you can E-Brake yo! :P

to true :fuzz: but i've been there done that on the SCS07 cruise (just to correct a slight mistake: but what could i say it was the first time in the hills with power steering =)) and scared the shit out of a guy driving a lancer that was behind me

that or use HJ food trays in the carparks****

**** Neither i nor any other person recommend this as a popular past time, and take no responsibility if you are silly enough to attempt this.

Edited by MYSTIK