The "omg Guess What Happened Today" Thread

I still want a skyline maybe for a daily one day. Just an old 31. Commonwhore's mean that more spare parts are available.

HR31 2 door....*wipes drool off keyboard*

The 31 is the god of skylines.

And skylines are god of the car world.

Sucks that so many bogans are getting their scummy hands on them now

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a bog stock R31 Ti for a daily not long ago... drove well, comfy... but realistically, they're old, heavy, underpowered and f*cken dingo ugly.

Build quality is hopeless, interior plastics and trim are cheap and horrible...

It amuses me that all the kiddies are spending money on them :dance:

The good news is, there's still plenty of nice examples floating around for cheap... you just gotta hang around a lawn bowls club long enough and wait for a granny to die.

I had a bog stock R31 Ti for a daily not long ago... drove well, comfy... but realistically, they're old, heavy, underpowered and f*cken dingo ugly.

Build quality is hopeless, interior plastics and trim are cheap and horrible...

It amuses me that all the kiddies are spending money on them :dance:

The good news is, there's still plenty of nice examples floating around for cheap... you just gotta hang around a lawn bowls club long enough and wait for a granny to die.

I like r31's, I reckon they are the best skyline produced, The only thing I hate about them is the bloody door locks and the way they flog out.

We picked up our new family car today. It is a black mica '87 E32 BMW 730i, with black leather interior and 16" alloys. :dance: It has the 3Liter M30 6 cyl auto with 140,000 kays on the clock,

Absolutely beautiful to drive. It is unbelievable how such a big car can handle like it does, awesome brakes, very sporty suspension, firm but not harsh with bugger all body roll. Of course it had to piss down rain, but to drive it in the wet down the highway at 100 kays it feels like you are doing 60 in the dry. It goes pretty well for an older 1600kg car with a 3 liter auto, really lifts her skirts and gets going once it hits 3500 rpm.

Makes me laugh reading the owners manual.... Do not exceed 170 km/h if the self levelling suspension warning light is on. Do not exceed 200 km/h in 3rd gear. Pity there are no autobahns local.

Re this thread: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=22733&st=90 took the car back to see Jonny again today. Jonny goes "Can you take me for a spin around the block?" I go "Sure, but you drive, so you can feel what's going on" So we jump in the car and after coaxing it up Molle street (I had just been dialing up 5000 rpm and dropping the clutch :P) so we turn right into Bathurst Street and its starting to splutter and pop a bit. Pull up at the lights and its still popping a bit as we turn right down Barrack street. Jonny gives a bit more then backs off and BANG, big backfire, then 2 seconds later another even bigger BANG and it sets off a building burglar alarm! It was sooo funny, and to make matters worse just after this happened Jonny drove past a bloke he knew. I am there cacking myself and Jonny in his usual understated manner goes "Ummmm, I think I know that guy". Sorry if driving my POS has hurt your rep as a great mechanic Jonny :P