Anyone Know About My Wastegate?

1G-GTE KE70

My car has a Turbonetics Inc DeltaGate Mark II external wastegate.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you could adjust the boost on them?

enginebay.jpg

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/wastegates.html#deltagate

There are 2 screwy things on top. one is just a bolt and the other has a small cut off tube thing (as you can see in the picture)

by the way that picture is outdated.. now the blue tubing is mostly gone. it just goes straight from the wastegate to the intake pipe.

does the screw on top have anything to do with adjusting boost?

i hope that made sense.... thanks guys!

Edited by 1G-GTE KE70

Members dont see this ad

you adjust boost pressure by changing the amount of air the wastegate actuator sees, not by adjusting the wastegate itself

there's nothing wrong with a valve-type boost controller, that's like saying anyone who has an efi vehicle *could* run the factory computer, but really you'd be best off saving up for a motec

I have owned similar wastegates, Yes the screw in the middle will adjust the boost. I puts more spring pressure on, so the wastegate will hold more boost before opening. the pipe is a pressure regulator that goes to somewhere (i don't remember) and smooths out the action, stops boost spikes etc.

Now adjusting the wastegate that way wont give you too much more boost, by looking at the pic it looks like its most of the way in, My one i had in a turbo Gemini ( i can imagine everyones reaction to that one), i could adjust from 1 psi to 10psi max so i had to use a turbo smart boost controller to get more, I was running around 18psi.

Just get a turbosmart screw type, I can't see it being very expensive.

Better than the unknown and an engine rebuild when you are driving around not realising that you are free boosting.

Its called boost cut...and you'll know when your free boosting. Unless youve got a shitty aftermarket ecu...then god help us all.

considering lpg injection is something that's only come out in mainstream cars in the last few years, never mind custom setups on old motors, i'd say his 1g ke70 is just fine

your lpg doesn't use a "carby", it uses a "mixer", which is a totally different thing, considering you're adding a compressed gaseous mixture to the intake, as opposed to atomising something which is already a liquid