Ke20 Race Car

chrisandliz

my dad just started doing motorkhanas then built a car and rallyed? but now days rallying is just so expensive e.g. Entry fee for clubman in state round which is approx half a day approx $600.Plus then you need a car with a full cage, helmets ,driving suits, tyres, service equipment and more... and clubman is the entry level to rallying .

Edited by The D Man

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a cool car in the making might have to come and have a look when its finished. Another option you could do with it is once a month they have autocross behind the Bunbury speedway at a new track they built. Autocross is basically a preliminary to rally on a closed track its pretty cheap all you need is a cams license and a 1KG fire extinguisher and run what you bring basically here is the web site if you want to have a look.

http://www.swtcc.com.au/ and they have their own forum which is just beginning Autocross forum.

They also run autocrosses at the kwinana motorplex so if you give that a look into aswell. But whatever you do I advise you to build a 1/2 cage at least to save your self if you do roll.

Good luck boys

khanacross is also good as entry is only about $40-50 and all you need is a level 2 non-speed cams liecence a fire extinguish and a car which can even be stock. khanacross is like a mini rally stage. they do them in beverley monthly and the light car club run a few yearly.Autocross is also a good optoin and so are motorkhanas.

Edited by The D Man

I think khanacross is a better option as entry is only about $40-50 and all you need is a level 2 non-speed cams liecence a fire extinguish and a car which can even be stock. khanacross is like a mini rally stage. they do them in beverley monthly and the light car club run a few yearly.

Autocross, Khanacross??? is there a difference? Oh, and D Man, how'd you go about getting level 2 Non-Speed? I saw it before, but can't seem to find it again.

To get a level 2 non-speed just turn up at the event and fill out a form and pay the amount and they will give you a tempory licence which last for 30 days while cams sends you out your proper one. You will also have to join a CAMS affiliated car club but you can also do that on the day to. As far as i know an autocross is a circut rather than khanacross which is a point to point also both are on dirt. here is the BORMSA website: http://www.bormsa.asn.au/

Light car club website: http://www.lightcarclub.com.au/

*WA motorkhana championship webstie: http://people.aapt.net.au/~dselliott/motorkhana.htm

*The WA motorkhana championship is on tarmac

All you need to do is keep an eye on these websites and if there is one you want to do when the supp regs and entry form are relesed download the supp regs and the entry form and fill the entry form out and send it in.

You will also need a helmet complying with AS 1698 i got mine for $90 but you can get some for $60-$70 also at least a 900g fire extinguisha i got mine for about $30 on sale at auto one. You will also have to wear non nylon long sleeve shirt and long pants.

Edited by The D Man

Autocross, Khanacross??? is there a difference? Oh, and D Man, how'd you go about getting level 2 Non-Speed? I saw it before, but can't seem to find it again.

To get a level 2 non-speed just turn up at the event and fill out a form and pay the amount and they will give you a tempory licence which last for 30 days while cams sends you out your proper one. You will also have to join a CAMS affiliated car club but you can also do that on the day to. As far as i know an autocross is a circut rather than khanacross which is a point to point also both are on dirt. here is the BORMSA website: http://www.bormsa.asn.au/

Light car club website: http://www.lightcarclub.com.au/

*WA motorkhana championship webstie: http://people.aapt.net.au/~dselliott/motorkhana.htm

*The WA motorkhana championship is on tarmac

All you need to do is keep an eye on these websites and if there is a one you want to do when the supp regs and entry form are relesed download the supp regs and the entry form and fill the entry form out and send it in.

You will also need a helmet complying with AS 1698 i got mine for $90 but you can get some for $60-$70 also at least a 900g fire extinguisha i got mine for about $30 on sale at auto one. You will also have to wear non nylon long sleeve shirt and long pants.

What "The D Man" says is correct Autocross is on a circuit and Khanacross is point to point.

Wow, what a wealth of information we have available! Thanks guys for the low down on licencing and competition levels. Now to decide what we're going to build the car to compete in, and what is the best package to put together for that level of competition.

Motorkhana, Autocross and Khanacross??? Shall we have a look at all three (as in go along to events and check it out) and decide which appeal most, and which we feel we can be most competetive in?

Hi guys been away awhile sorry, saw earlier you were talkin bout a car trailer, the missus dad has one and a commy that I could prolly get my hands on if I sling him sum petrol money, just need a bit of notice as they go down south a lot. Also happy to come along and help out as a wrench monkey, would love to learn the ins and outs of workin on a car. If you want to learn how to drive well without the stress of using your own car I would recommend going to the AHG driving centre and doing one of their courses, I did one where you drive an MR2 Spider and they take you through a whole bunch of courses, they sit a qualified race driver with you and he runs you through almost every thing you need to know. I would also be happy to try my hand at driving, but since I don't have much in the way of car parts to bring to the table I'm happy just to help with the mechanical side of things.

Brodie

Question for you Garnet, does Sibeal have a tow ball? coz that would make a good towing car (7mge power)

Chris

Sorry aye, Sibeal is without... Which is a good thing for someone i ran into today... Well, actually someone that ran into me... I got a bit of a scratch on the back bumper, but the Ford Futura she was driving will need a new bonnet, radiator support and lights... Toyota, Unbreakable...

On a different track... Jo and myself will be shifting house in the next few weeks. The one we are going to be trying for is a nice little two bedroom place, aircon, gas appliances, nice wooden floorboards and a 6 car garage/workshop out the back... Mwahahahaha!!!

I think the problem of where to build and store this race car is going to be solved in the very near future.

I'll keep you guys posted as to how it's going, and obviously, i'm more than happy for club members to make use of it if our application is successful.

Edited by white_sandshoe