Ke20 Race Car

chrisandliz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I am looking into "CACTUAR RACING" currently there is not trade mark on Cactuar Racing or the image of "cactuar"

Did we want to start our own racing team (costing some big $$$) or race under another groups banner (eg: historical racing group)

Chris

Ummm... What big bucks we talkin about??? Other than tires, fuel and registration/event fees, what other costs are there associated with racing, and how would those funds be raised? Are we allowed to fundraise? cake stalls and stuff? hehehe that'd be fun...

The question comes back, what sort of racing will we be doing, and at what level?

I get the feeling that myself and Chris have a leaning towards grip racing, and I think jumping on board with a historical racing group might be doable. I think they are fairly restrictive on modifications allowed, and i think our "ah, drop in a bigger engine" approach might not be permitted.

How about drag racing??? Mwahahaha...

Hey all,

Just an update here for all and sundry, I went to check out my potential new house yesterday, and that 6 car garage seems more like a 9 car garage... It's pretty awesome, so Chris, I'll know in the next few days if we have it.

Location is Balcatta, so might be a bit of a treck for some, but hey, I gotta take it as it comes. Let's all keep our fingers crossed...

sweet, hope you get it. Would be sooooo cool to make a start on the car.

With starting our own racing team we need too:

Register the team as a business

Register the name and logo with copy right

Register with CAMS

And a few other things

It will cost us some $$$

Chirs

sweet, hope you get it. Would be sooooo cool to make a start on the car.

With starting our own racing team we need too:

Register the team as a business

Register the name and logo with copy right

Register with CAMS

And a few other things

It will cost us some $$$

Chirs

Money is pretty tight with me just now... Does anyone know any wealthy benefactors???

I really like the idea of having our own team. What options do we have (after becoming a registered business) as far as fund raising goes???

Hey all,

Just an update here for all and sundry, I went to check out my potential new house yesterday, and that 6 car garage seems more like a 9 car garage... It's pretty awesome, so Chris, I'll know in the next few days if we have it.

Location is Balcatta, so might be a bit of a treck for some, but hey, I gotta take it as it comes. Let's all keep our fingers crossed...

i know where i'll be keeping a few of my cars then hahaha.

10min drive from me

What day are you gonna move? Coz I'll put my hand up and offer my help if you need it

Ae82 and 6X4 tailer :bash: (think of the pulling power)

Chris

Thanks for that Chris. I think it'll be a wednesday or thursday most likely... i'll let you know more once i get back from Geraldton. going up there for the weekend.

Yay, stuff is happening! Balcatta, that's like a gazillion light years away... and the other side of that river :lol:

Would offer to help with the move, but I work 6 days a week... Does that get me out of it??

It sure does... I remember you telling us about your work...

I think the plan was to hire a truck, but now i think for the same price, i'll buy a towbar and hire a car trailer... furnature moved on one trip, cars moved on the next...

Smart thinkin' 99

Day of the big shift will be this Wednesday!!!

Come to think of it... isn't this detracting from the purpose of this thread???

What sort of thing do we need to do as far as business name and the like for the racing team??? I'm actually going to be looking up stuff on that anyways for something else, so if there's anything i should know before i get elbow deep into it...

Would we need like a board of directors or some semblance of an organisation? I'll have a chat with a few others i know, and see what answers we can come up with.

Edited by white_sandshoe

it was playing with the van today, the dude was a diesel mechanic right.

The dizzy was randomly inserted, and the fire order was wrong!!!!

So the engine is not stuffed, so we have a spare engine now!!

Chris

BOOYA!!! The random mistakes of others! You've had two wins from that lately haven't you Chris??? What'd you end up doin with that Celica with the flat battery? haha.

Question actually, is that diff going to come close to bolting straight up, or will it be a cut and shut job?