Aussie Hip Hop

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Favourites are Ozi Batla/Urthboy/Astronomy Class and all the various incarnations of the Herd

Funkoars for some filthy stuff

Koolism, not bad.

Not spoken about much but Mnemonic Ascent are wicked as well, just started getting into their stuff in later years. Not sure if they are about any more.

If you dig the turntablism and/or mixtapes, check out the stuff from DJ Ransom (Mnemonic), DJ Reflux (funkoars), J Red (LC), theyre good mixes.

Lowrider are pretty good, I spose it counts as hiphop.

1200 Techniques, Bliss'n'Eso and Hilltop Hoods are all very socially and morally more in touch than those American rappers who only spit stuff about women and money and sex.. Nothing actually meaningful.

and really, the number of times i hear american rappers big noting themselves for "slapping their bitches" is kinda making me sick... What ever happened to gentlemen? is chivalry really dead?

I want a rap song that brings it back... Justine Timbaland can bring sexy back (not that it ever went anywhere...) but I wanna see someone in the rap industry Bring a Respect and Care for Women back...

Now THAT's something worth singing about...

(steps down off his soap box...)

and really, the number of times i hear american rappers big noting themselves for "slapping their bitches" is kinda making me sick... What ever happened to gentlemen? is chivalry really dead?

I want a rap song that brings it back... Justine Timbaland can bring sexy back (not that it ever went anywhere...) but I wanna see someone in the rap industry Bring a Respect and Care for Women back...

Now THAT's something worth singing about...

(steps down off his soap box...)

Amen to that, brother

Sounds like most of you don't understand the context of hip hop very well.

Aussie rap is great. LC are the greatest, but Def Wish Cast for the old school fans are dope too. Also a big fan of Hilltop Hoods and Lazy grey.

As for the other stuff, I could tell you all about a hundred different dope underground mcs from the states, the UK, Germany, Canada, Saudi Arabia etc etc. it really doesnt matter where your from. I can't stand those comments like "oh I love Hilltop Hoods but I hate all that american gangsta shit." It just says you've never truly set out to do the number one pastime of all true hip hop fans, Diggin!

Anyhow, if you want to check out a few artists who arent all Gun talk and Diamonds, tun off video hits and hit up you tube to find some Aceyalone (dopest feestyles ever), Kool keith (Too much crack), Jurrassic Five (use of rythym and harmony in rap), D-Sisive (white Canadian MC who burns eminem), Jehst, Braintax (shout out to the UK), Haiku De Tat, Abstract Rude, Pigeon John (from deep in the LA Projects, and very socially conscious), Rakim (early originator of styles), KRS ONE (the most socially conscious of all), Cannibal OX, Brand Nubian, Sadat X, Blackalicious, Latyrx, Lateef the Truthspeaker and it goes on and on and on.

One love.