Carb Cleaner

tte

guys,i came upon one product which cleans the carb. start the engine,spray the chemical into your carb while revving your engine.

my question,is this product worth it? i'm pretty sure the previous owner haven't clean it. apart from cleaning the inner part of the carb,will this product release the loss of power thru carbon built up or, it's just myth?

Members dont see this ad

u want a carby cleaner trick?

Known as the Chinese Clean - Rev the motor out to about 3/4 before redline (if redline is at 10,000, rev at about 7,500... thats what i mean :insane:) - then once its sitting at that for a few seconds, get a large rag and cover the entire intake area of the carby suddenly and bang she stops. Apparnely the back pressure or something gives it a really good sudden carbon build up clean out :D

Beautiful Teddy !

I've got this mental picture of you on the end of a bit of rag, being suddenly sucked into the top of the carby.

Of course the engine would stop dead. Your legs & arms would probably jam the pistons.

:insane: :D :D :(

Banjo

teddy has the idea.

you can also do it with your hand if you take the aircleaner off and use your hand as the choke, basically do what teddy said. Rev engine while placing hand over carby intake to make carby suck harder, just before she stalls lets let your hand off to keep it goin.

but thats the quick fix, if it doesnt clear then do what nick said.

I think maybe you should explain yourself's better about the water.

i can see someone with lots of water dropping it down the carb and breaking pistons. Water locking the engine, Please don't do that, spray a light mist into the carb, water will not burn or compress.

Id go the carby cleaner or hand method.

yeah nulon is the best carby cleaner, i actually really like the smell of it

the proper way to clean a carburettor is to dismantle it and put a rebuild kit through it

as stated, the dodgy quick fix is to start the car, have your mate hold the throttle wheel partially open, spray the carby with carby cleaner until it's fairly clean inside, put both your hands over the inlet and rev the shit out of it. personally i'd do the hand method with a normal service, and if a carby was giving me problems or of unknown past, rebuild it