Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys, wow my own thread :dance: lol

i would be glad to take any un-wanted bits from you guys :lock: but only if they are actually going to be of use to me haha, otherwise il just end up with my crap in the garage... the flatmates will be less than impressed :sad:

il yarn with Warwick and he can tell me what he thinks might be usefull to me :((

and them wheels that someone posted a pic of a sooo nice... i should really start saving....

• 2 weeks later...

hello again peeps :D

ive just been discussing with Mr Revhead about the idea of possibly someone on here that will be seeing him while he is over there, possibly having a piston that i would be able to beg for hehe

as I'm having real trouble finding the right one over here, i will be posting a pic tonight of the kind of piston that i need, so if any of you do, please let me know :dance:

thanks

Claire

Nick, you are dead right. They are 4K-U "D" dished or "Heron" pistons.

The depth of the dish is approximately 8mm.

I recently pulled the head off my 4K-U, so I have attached a couple of pics that show them fairly clearly, if you turn the brightness up on your VDU.

Sorry Claire. I haven't got a spare one, and the head is going back on this one this weekend.

If anyone makes a remark about the Caterpillar powered (yellow) Corolla: DON'T. It was my son's idea.

Actually, my local Supa Cheap store had run out of black. The other alternative was purple ! Uuuurrrhhh !

there's a guy on oldrollas whose random qld numberplate ends in EGG. he decided to have an egg theme on his white car, so the engine bay is all orange and yellow. he cooked the engine a couple of months ago, you could sell him that one at vastly elevated prices :dance:

Fook, the yellow will contrast nicely in the engine test bay stand I built & painted matt black. Will post a picture when it's all mounted up in the test stand.

Claire, I like the more refined blue you have painted your 4K-U. Very nice ! Did you brush paint it ? I find it quicker to spray, as there are so many little nooks & crannies.

Actually, if I remember rightly, a lot of early Nissan / Datsun engines came out painted in a blue like that, standard. Anyone remember.

As an aside. Compare how many Datsuns of a similar vintage there are on the roads compared to KE series Corollas. Not many eh ! Might be a few more in N.Z. Claire's country mates tend to keep their cars a little longer than Australia.

Current figures are that the average age of all cars in Australia is 11 years. Average age in N.Z. is somewhere between 15-16 years. Amazing statistics eh !

Happy Corollaing !

:P