Bowler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bathurst is bathurst, if u guys are australian, u wont be available for a cruise either!!!

true that!!!

Is that a 1986 corolla or a AE86 sprinter?

thats an ae86

has been a while in the making too.... i remember meeting Andy(i think???) when he had is gze ae82 hatch; that was 2yrs+ ago

• 3 weeks later...

OK, just got back from what i can honestly say was an awesome drive - weather, traffic - all going sweetly today. but one small issue i've come to recognise is that it was all over, far too quickly. thus i'm thinking about extending the cruise route - instead of back up the black spur, continue over the mountains and come back past the upper yarra and the like...would add the necessary bulk to make it a great day. Also, i scouted out the catering, and came accross the Grand Hotel, in healesville. looks like it serves counter meals - i'll ring up later this week to find out capacity and prices, etc...

Thats all for now folks

p.s. the road from toolangi to healesville, is (as i discovered) very, very heavy on braking. of course you don't have to attack the road if you don't want to, but just be aware that make sure your brakes aren't on ther way out either...

Cheers

Andrew

ps - anyone intersted, pm me so i can add your names

- NEW ROUTE -

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sad...781403&z=10

Edited by Bowler

Hey Andrew, got some bad news :)

I wont be able to bring the corolla on the cruise. Due to current work on the lil beast it wont have doors, lights and bumpers.

Could still drive it, talk about weght reduction for the car. Might keep up with a 4age, lol!

I'm still dam keen on coming on the cruise but i might have to bring the Blue whale.

Unless that is i you got a spare seat in your car for me?

Hey Andrew, got some bad news :D

I wont be able to bring the corolla on the cruise. Due to current work on the lil beast it wont have doors, lights and bumpers.

Could still drive it, talk about weght reduction for the car. Might keep up with a 4age, lol!

I'm still dam keen on coming on the cruise but i might have to bring the Blue whale.

Unless that is i you got a spare seat in your car for me?

always - will prob scare the shit out of you along the way, but hey, what are mates for? hehe

ps, if engine not fixed, will be in similar boat with u - or i cud get u to run behind and push me up the hills :)

• 2 weeks later...

WOW. I just came back from the run through black spur - warburton. Simply awesome. very twisty, very, very hard on brakes. but great fun. this cruise, will be good fun, but more people are deffinitely needed to make it a memorable one...pm me if you're interested

I told my gf about the cruise and she's coming, so I'm going to take my falcon on the cruise.

I would take the rolla but its in more pieces than the previous pic and stripped back to pretty much nothing now.

Edited by Johno

I told my gf about the cruise and she's coming, so I'm going to take my falcon on the cruise.

I would take the rolla but its in more pieces than the previous pic and stripped back to pretty much nothing now.

sweet mate, good to hear. i started spreading the good word today, and have posted on toymods/twincam.org, so hopefully, we'll get a little more support, eh? hehe

true that!!!

thats an ae86

has been a while in the making too.... i remember meeting Andy(i think???) when he had is gze ae82 hatch; that was 2yrs+ ago

very good memory, pitty i can't remember u!!! my 86 has been a while in the making, but just bout all good to go, should be there