Cruise - Diamond Creek - Blackspur - Marysville (new Route) - Lillydal

Bowler

Howdy Folks,

After last Sunday's fantastic cruise down to portsea, thought it worthwhile to see who would be up for a cruise in the northern parts of melbourne (and beyond). so here's the plan - meet at Diamond creek maccas, head towards Kinglake, up the St-Andrews-Kinglake rd (fun for those of us who like a little bit of a punt (within legal grounds of course), and picturesque enough for thos who like to relax...or those with long brake pedals :lol:). Then re-group at Kinglake, for a drive towards the Melba Highway, stopping at toolangi, then down to Healesville for Lunch at the Grand Hotel - Counter meals. After lunch, you then have the choice to head home (for those who come from far away) or to head up to the Black spur - which will more than likely be filled with people doing naught miles an hour...but some people like it all the same. From here, its up to Marysville (rest stop) - low gears are necessary hehe, then down the hill to the reservior for a rest break. then onto Warburton, and Lillydale. All are welcome, but please advise, there is alot of twisties...good fun, but not for all.

DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS - and will be updated as more comes to hand

When: Sunday 19th October

Where (meetup): McDonalds, Diamond creek (Station St, Diamon Creek)

Time: 10 for 11 (Sharp) departure

Regroup in Kinglake

Stop in Toolangi - to sort out ourselves

lunch in Healesville at the Grand Hotel (need numbers asap) (12.30pm)

Rest stop in Marysville

Rest Stop at Yarra Reservoir

Rest Stop in Warburton

Finish at Lillydale Lake - Photo Op

If you have a UHF handy, bring it - good to have communication through the field - and you don't want to be riding each other all day for obvious safety reasons.

Cheers

Map of Cruise Route

FOLKS, PM me if ypu're interested, And i'll start adding names

1. Bowler (Andrew)

2. Johnno

3. Johnno +1 (hehe, johnno can't misbehave :P:)

4. GZE82

5. SeptemberSquall

6. TRolla82

7. Paul

8. Julzy

9. SoyBoy

10. ViPeR_NiPPleX (Toymods)

11. Ben (mate of Paul)

12. BlindKidSeeks

13. BlindKidSeeks +1

14. BlindKidSeeks +1

15. TE278U

16. yoshimitsu9

17. yoshimitsu9 +1

18. Matt99

Never (Meet at Lillydale)

AE92Man (Maybe)

Import_Love (Maybe)

BlindKidSeeks +1 (Maybe)

adam-__- (Maybe)

Cheers

Andrew

post-3603-1219372814_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1219372833_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1219372847_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1219372868_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bowler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

October 12th is bathurst... sorry can't come... must worship at the Mount :hmm:

OH SH!# :eatlead: ....i thought (hoping) it was the 4th and 5th...it was always the 1st week in october...:bash:.....*thinking*...

the beauty of trying to organise these things early, is that you can always make ammendments early on in the piece...ok

new question - sunday October 5th?, or october 19th?

if people still had hearts set on the 12th, then might as well keep it the same weekend, but who here are fans of being a couch potato for 13hours, on that one sunday in october?

Edited by Bowler

........ but who here are fans of being a couch potato for 13hours, on that one sunday in october?

:eatlead: Watch your tounge or be prepared for the flaming of a life time. It is the day that most petrol-heads worship. I do understand that is only a Holden and Ford race (in my mind the worst thing they did) but it still means alot to Australian motorsport and its fans.

LB

:bash: Watch your tounge or be prepared for the flaming of a life time. It is the day that most petrol-heads worship. I do understand that is only a Holden and Ford race (in my mind the worst thing they did) but it still means alot to Australian motorsport and its fans.

LB

HEY, no offence...i read/wrote it wrong to begin with...

I'll be the first to admit that i'll spen the whole day in a pile of wrappers and empties, to enjoy a good stouche...unfortunately the last couple of years i've had to actually turn up in person to the mount...DAMN FREE 4 DAY PASSES... :eatlead:

Edited by Bowler

its all good bowler.. i got what you meant :eatlead:

i would prefer the weekend before... but that is purely for selfish reasons as i will be running in the winton 6 hour two weeks following the bathurst weekend, and will want the one after the bathurst for final car prep.

its all good bowler.. i got what you meant :bash:

i would prefer the weekend before... but that is purely for selfish reasons as i will be running in the winton 6 hour two weeks following the bathurst weekend, and will want the one after the bathurst for final car prep.

final car prep? what better way than to make sure ur setup is good with this little run in the hills :eatlead: hehe