August 13, 200818 yr comment_267986 Name: Andy Car: 1974 4Door KE20 (NZ Registered) Thats Right we got the 4doors ;) Realy want a 2door tho, anyone selling? Motor & Driveline: 5k (1496cc) 3k ported head, F16 Cam, Double Row timing chain, Coby 4-1 Extractors, Heavy duty valve springs, slightly planed head 32/36 Twin choke Weber with custom intake manifold from 3k engine, All New Gaskets, New Valve guides. Suspension & Brakes: Front: Superlow Cobra Springs with monroe gt gas inserts Rear: Reset Leafs, Monroe 4x4 kia sport shocks Standard front and rear brakes with heavy duty brake pads. Wheels & Tyres: 13x6.5 heckman (JDM from japan) alloys with 175x60 Bridgestone radials Interior: NOS JDM Dash, Te27 wood grain Dash cluster, Te27 Center Console. Standard overrated COND. Door cards, Hoodlining, Rear Seats, Front seats and carpet need redoing. Body: 2pac original Baby Blue, Colour sanded Paint, Full panel and paint by classic car restorer. (over 120 hours worked on body) Other: Full 2" exhaust to custom Chrome Dumpy Polished Bits and pieces, waxed all internal water gutters (eg inside front vents) Have standard Hubcaps and Crossply 550/12 Tyres for the standard look ;) :dance: Undersealed Front and rear guards, Under boot. HEAPS More to list. Will be posting up Full Restore In Projects Forum. Questions Welcome Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_268015 car looks tops dude don't ditch the four door it looks better i think Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_268020 lol the NZ SIK020, Have you got the plates? Looks pretty clean mate, lovin the 4 door KE20. How I wish I coud have a 4 door KE20. Cheers, Ben. Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_268025 Gotta agree with benzo, the 4 door looks awesome. Everyone always wants what they can't have. Lovin the colour of this car too. The 120 hours was definately worth it. Great stuff. Report
August 13, 200818 yr Author comment_268035 lol the NZ SIK020, Have you got the plates? Looks pretty clean mate, lovin the 4 door KE20. How I wish I coud have a 4 door KE20. Cheers, Ben. Haha I wish, havnt quite got my head around spending $700 for the plates. ;) Dreams Are Free. By the way, i dyno'db the car yesterday and got 85hp ATW, Not bad i thought. Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_268056 Sounds like a very thorough job. May I ask, how much did you get shaved off the head ? Was it about 20 thou ? (I am looking into some options for my build) Thanks, Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_268060 thats how i want my engine bay! schmick0! nice 20. ps. is the early 20 grille usable on the later models? Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_268061 Mitch thats a late KE25 grille. 85hp at the wheels aint bad at all for a very mild 5K, well done! Cheers, Ben. Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_268062 Mitch thats a late KE25 grille. 85hp at the wheels aint bad at all for a very mild 5K, well done! Cheers, Ben. o ;) my bad. i thought the early 20's were similar to this 1. will that fit style fit mine ben? and yeah id be happy with 85 horsys Cheers Edited August 13, 200818 yr by mitch4397 Report
August 13, 200818 yr Author comment_268070 Sounds like a very thorough job. May I ask, how much did you get shaved off the head ? Was it about 20 thou ? (I am looking into some options for my build) Thanks, Um was about 10thou only shaved it because had welding done to it. Compression ratio was 9.7-1 so could have gone higher but don't want it pinking. I must say for the money you could spend on a 4k to get 85hp, your much better off getting a good 5k a do what i did, Id like to see a 4k pull up a hill like my 5k ;) Report
August 14, 200818 yr comment_268097 o ;) my bad. i thought the early 20's were similar to this 1. will that fit style fit mine ben? and yeah id be happy with 85 horsys Cheers Yes and yes Cheers, Ben. Report
August 14, 200818 yr comment_268126 I have a two door ke20 ! lets trade! haha ;) Nice 20, hard yards have payed off... - w Report
August 14, 200818 yr Author comment_268184 I have a two door ke20 ! lets trade! haha ;) Nice 20, hard yards have payed off... - w Haha yeh why not, you can come pick it up and bring yours with you ;) I am seriously thinking of importing one tho. Any for sale in Melbourne? Will be over there for new years. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now