Johnnyt's Sr20Det Ke30

johnny t

hey this is my build progress on my ke30 project UPDATED 7-12-2014 so many more pics of the new look on page 8 :)

Engine: forged and built SR20DET (s13)Turbo: Garret T3071r , HKS step 1 cams 256, rocker arm stoppers steam pipe top mount manifold,

custom radiator with thermo and custom intercooler all alloy piping, turbosmart external wastegate (plumbed back)

Fuel: (changing fuel pump soon) nismo 740cc injectors 8mm fuel lines

Computer: AEM

Exhaust: 2 1/2 inch pipe into highflow cat and into a highflow muffler with dump tip

Diff & rear brakes & suspension : Hilux LSD 4.11 ratio with 285mm el falcon disc set up. with s13 rear calipers

custom tailshaft, whiteline sway bar, monroe gas shocks ( will be changed)

Front struts: s13 weld in bc br gold weld in coilovers with 285mm xd vented and slotted rotors with skyline r32 4pot calipers, ae86 aftermarket knuckles for more lock, whiteline sway bar

Wheels rota grid classic v's 15x8 -0

Dash: all speco gauges

interior s15 seats

Colour: Ford blueprint (BA)

post-1352-1218965768_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1259885163_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1259885241_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1259885310_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1259885744_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnny t

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey yeah thanks, I'm not sure bout the exaust just tryin it out the 3 inch looked to low and i didnt want to scrape over every speed bump i go over..

what sorta info do ya want on the front brakes? yeah i can't wait to get it going had a minor set back the front track width is 65mm wider than standard and they only allow 25mm greater than standard. so i have no idea how I'm gonna decrease it in width by minimium 40mm any ideas would be great!! also the rolling diameter of the tire can be 15mm bigger than the standard rolling diameter. which i think is a load of shit cause corolla rim is tiny and ive got 15 inch ford stodgies on it to try and get it past this mod plate stuff! johnnyt

Edited by johnny t

hey yeah thanks, I'm not sure bout the exaust just tryin it out the 3 inch looked to low and i didnt want to scrape over every speed bump i go over..

what sorta info do ya want on the front brakes? yeah i can't wait to get it going had a minor set back the front track width is 65mm wider than standard and they only allow 25mm greater than standard. so i have no idea how I'm gonna decrease it in width by minimium 40mm any ideas would be great!! also the rolling diameter of the tire can be 15mm bigger than the standard rolling diameter. which i think is a load of shit cause corolla rim is tiny and ive got 15 inch ford stodgies on it to try and get it past this mod plate stuff! johnnyt

I have the same issue as you, i did a brake up grade in my ke35 to ra65 struts which increased the front track not really sure how to fix it! and they won't allow me to have my 13 x 7 hotwires with 185 rubber! :dance:

hey sorry i can't get any pics car is at the painters.ill get sum as soon as i can! i didnt actually do the struts ian weatherhead done them. i know there as a bracket that supports the caliper ill have to get pics to discribe exactly how.

yeah no shit y wont they let you cause there 2 wide?? i was thinking bout going bak to corolla struts!! I'm gonna check with oh what a nissian feeling to see if he can get a measuerment of his for my cause he has corolla struts in his. johnnyt

can't get it engineered with struts that give acceptable track then change them later?

ill try find my papers see what is written down, I'm running jdm86 struts and sigma LCAs, some 40 or 50mm RCAs.

ill go look for the report.

edit: 1335 on the front track.. 1325 on the rear but i know that can't be right lol

Edited by furryfrog

but they have my big brakes on there..what struts are they out of?? that would be good man thanks. what do u mean by some 40 or 50mm RCAs. johnnyt

JDM 86 sprintang. ill measure the track myself when its not raining, I'm pretty sure its not correct on the report so it passes.

thanks heaps shit thats alot! does the wheel scrub on ya guards? i found out 2day that celica or corolla struts shouldnt have a effect on track width its in the wheel so now i gota mess round with offsets I'm goin to try au off set see how i go ill post how i go. johnyt