Oke020

oke020

Members dont see this ad

....a question for the almighty OKE020...

what brand fittings do you use?

saw a post by you in another forum offering RedHorse fittings...are these the ones you use?

if so, can you still get them, or know of someone in Syd that gets them?

many thanks,

Mark M

Hey mate i run some speedflow and some redhorse, the guy i was getting them off has closed shop, not sure if someone else has taken over the distributorship.

As for the ID plates and the boys in blue, i'll show them mine when they show me proof of it on the road, they wont be able to as i no longer risk driving it, hell i don't even bother driving a modified car at all, boost cruising f@$k tards have killed that for me. Its registered purely as i like to think of it as a 'streetable' car, in all honesty i believe it is, unfortunately the law and vote hungry government does not. I also plan to run it as a street car in off street events etc.

• Upvote 1

As for the ID plates and the boys in blue, i'll show them mine when they show me proof of it on the road, they wont be able to as i no longer risk driving it, hell i don't even bother driving a modified car at all, boost cruising f@$k tards have killed that for me. Its registered purely as i like to think of it as a 'streetable' car, in all honesty i believe it is, unfortunately the law and vote hungry government does not. I also plan to run it as a street car in off street events etc.

Love the mindset if it being a street car!

LOVE THE CAR, as ive said before your previous rotary set-up was my inspiration to build my car. Thank you!

"F* tha PO-lice"...just kidding...

I emailed Redhorse to ask if they have a distributor in Sydney/Australia...no reply yet...

was there a big price difference between them and Speedflow?

Cheers,

Mark M

Roughly 1/3rd to half the cost. Obviously there is a difference in quality, in my opinion was better than russel, and on par or slightly better than aeroquip.

lol OKE020 has near 4k in speedflow / redhorse and braided line, but man it makes it nice to work on. :P addictive stuff

Yep! my speedflow bill has just tipped over 5g, gets expensive when i keep changing it in the attempt to make it just that little bit neater

As far as i know they are not cast or brazed like the cheaper fittings, material quality is much higher, finish and quality control much better. I also find the speedflow fittings @ hose easier to assemble. Speedflow is also made in australia.

Yep! my speedflow bill has just tipped over 5g, gets expensive when i keep changing it in the attempt to make it just that little bit neater

Actually if i add it up properly i might get more of a shock :wink: near 4k seems to get passed the misses ok, my cooling system alone contains 9 meters of -20 braid plus about 8 -20 ends some 90 degree ($149 each lol) aswell as speedflow -20 weld ons. Every line in the car even the vac lines are AN fittings and braid. The only rubber hose i have left is the manifold pressure line to the ecu :P

don't have many pics of it all complete but there is -8 -10 and -20 braid front to back plus another -4 for the nitrous

3050.jpg

3048.jpg

3053.jpg

3049.jpg