Oke020

oke020

Cheers guys, Ken Ferguson got that front view picture, he is hooking me up with a high res copy in the next few days :) car goes back on the dyno next week, going to see if it like 40psi of boost and a little bit more gas. I have a certain et in mind, possible or not i'd like to try haha. :)

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

PB still stuck at 8.50, its going to need a real good track to go quicker on the radials so been sneaking up on the top end to compensate. It safe to say it has 175 in it, needs just over 180mph to go 300km/hr in 400 meters which would also be an awesome goal. lol, will need another 150hp to get that.

• 2 weeks later...

No i am just leaving on the transbrake at what i think the track can hold, problem is the thing will stall to 40psi and 7000rpm on the transbrake if i let it, anything below 4000 rpm and 6psi it will sometimes bog, anything over 5 it blows the tyres off it, once it has say 10 psi on the transbrake it jumps to 30+ in a split second, makes it hard to get consistent.

I played around with a 2 step limiter at 5k turning the gas off 200rpm shy but i had a huge n20 backfire in the garage at home and it dropped a few cylinders there for a bit. don't think i will be trying that again.

Just needs a good track and that perfect launch to improve.

What brand of ecu you running again? I wonder if you can setup an electric boost control solenoid off a speed sensor to limit the power at launch based on wheel speed. I'd run it off the front wheel so that wheel spin doesn't get it out of whack. It's a pain to get right if it doesn't have closed loop boost detection, but many of the later model ecu's can do amazing stuff.

Launch control has its place in cars like this too, would do wonders at launch, but many people are very purist when it comes to letting electronics do any of the thinking for things that are normally up to the driver. Probably not as soul destroying as a drive by wire car though.

i'm all for electronic control, the issue with the current twin 44mm tial gate setup my lowest boost setting is 22psi, at that boost level i am at 550rwhp, still way to much to let go at full noise. I have however found that my exhaust mani is cracked badly, i patched it but it wont last much longer, new exhaust mani will be of different design, may aswell build in a lower minimum boost with better flow to the gates and lighter springs.