Oke020

oke020

Cool (and I spose a little sucky) stuff.

I'm curious about the huge boost numbers you're running. Is it a function of the nitrous or is there something else going on there? I'm not sure of the exact specs you're running but the turbo looks big enough to pull those numbers at lower boost. The way I understand forced induction is that a normal boost vs HP graph will be pretty much exponential until the airflow goes supersonic at some point in the induction chain, usually in the ports/valves. From there it goes to a more linear increase in power, lots more boost for a little more power. So I'm wondering if theres some kind of restriction at some point you could iron out and see even bigger numbers, maybe even without nitrous...? Just a thought while you're pulling it all apart.

Should be pretty lethal with wheelie bars.

Members dont see this ad
Cool (and I spose a little sucky) stuff.

I'm curious about the huge boost numbers you're running. Is it a function of the nitrous or is there something else going on there? I'm not sure of the exact specs you're running but the turbo looks big enough to pull those numbers at lower boost. The way I understand forced induction is that a normal boost vs HP graph will be pretty much exponential until the airflow goes supersonic at some point in the induction chain, usually in the ports/valves. From there it goes to a more linear increase in power, lots more boost for a little more power. So I'm wondering if theres some kind of restriction at some point you could iron out and see even bigger numbers, maybe even without nitrous...? Just a thought while you're pulling it all apart.

Should be pretty lethal with wheelie bars.

You have to remember that the 1025 rwhp it showed on the dyno was through a near 7k convertor a powerglide and big side wall tyres, with a manual i'd expect it to show another 100-150rwhp.

Really the engine is only a baby in comparison to most big name 2jzs, its only 3litre, standard comp, stock inlet valves, 1mm oversize exhaust valves, moderate porting but leaving the port cross section stock. The cams are only 272s with 9.3mm lift etc. It'd be making damn near 1300hp at the engine. Alot of people BS about the amount of boost they run to achieve similar power figures, 50-60psi is not uncommon on some drag 2jz although i have heard most report 30-40psi.

At the end of the day i am trying to push 1220kg to 180mph in a 1/4 mile. At 45psi the engine makes enough power to achieve this, just need to get the car to haha

numbers seem perfectly normal to me. 45psi is the norm today, especially when large name 2j's are running 65psi, yes this is reality.

boost and nitrous combined seems just as normal, all the auto, big single cars are using the spray and big boost, just like ben brays 1200 ute sr20, nitrous shot with big boost.

• 1 month later...

OKE020 ran 9 or so passes over 171mph this weekend. Engine is still going strong, powerglide is hurt though.

I won the final of Drag Radial at the Street machine Pro Street Nationals and made the quick 8 at 1320x :jamie:

here is a vid of the last 3 passes in the radial class, gearbox was hurting on the las 2 passes hence the short burnouts, also broke the wheelie bars off on the saturday so kept launches soft.

And here is incar of 2 passes, 1st pass obviously had a bonnet issue lol

this car still continues to inspire me to build/upgrade my KE20

can't believe you still use the stock steering wheel, quickest KE20 steering wheel in the world? haha

Please keep this thread upto date

Any recent pics???

Cheers

Edited by 13BT_KE20