1971 Ke25 Coupe And 1973 Ke20 Sedan

Queen20v

Thanks guys. I promise I'll drive both rollas out onto the street tomorrow and take some decent photos. Was looking at them today. They sure make a neat looking couple. Have passenger side door and quarter panel for the 20 on their way as we speak so looking forward to that. Will rub it back to get it resprayed in original colour (coz I love it!) so that the new panels match the old perfectly. Hoping to get all this done before the Bay to Birdwood but we'll see how the finances hold up :). This baby is staying granny spec forever. 25 will be a totally different look.

Oke20, your mate's ke20 looks great. I'd love to know more about what he's done to it. The effort you put in is inspirational!

RA28GT. I don't know that mine are as tidy as yours is. They're very neat but yours looks amazing. I'd love to get them all together with Mitch's and 13BT's for a photo day.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, B2 says she can't do without your touch Will. :y: Definitely trying to have her all fixed up by September. Started stripping her off today.

Nickyboy, I totally agree. It bothered me that she'd be parted out. Thought about fixing her up and then choosing between the 20 and the 25 but I can't part with either of them. So many things to love about both.

A few photos taken today.

IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

Great to see you going through the effort of getting 'rol420' back on the road Kim!

This car actually was around our area about 2 years ago Kim haha

When I first saw it at Daniels house around the corner from mine I couldnt believe how good condition it was for an original car. Check out his old thread for it (username was Maztrix), was soo overrated back then

I should say that I have missed out on buying this car about 4 times lol. I wanted to buy it off Daniel when he had it, then Haydo owned it, I was gonna buy it off Haydo, Gave him a buzz to find out he had sold it for a few hundred less than I offered a few hours earlier, came up for sale a few months later, was gonna buy it off that dude, gave him an offer to find out Will had already made a deposit, and then I finally had first dibs from Will before all this happened lol

Me and B2 have quite a history considering I have never owned it :y:

Cheers, Ben.

Hah hah, you and B2 do have rather a long history. Was just looking at your signature. Any photos of that ke20 of yours? Do you still have it?

Here are some photos of the ke25 then next I'll put some comparison shots up and side by side pics.

Hubcaps, one before and one after a polish:

IMG_5853.jpg

Self explanatory:

IMG_5854.jpg

Bought a good battery:

IMG_5856.jpg

Love these embossed bits in the head rests:

IMG_5858.jpg

Really got to replace that carpet:

IMG_5859.jpg

Need a new parcel shelf please :y:

IMG_5860.jpg

Haha yeah we don't get along well :y:

I still have the KE20, as it says in my sig its a shed ornament at the moment. I was driving it for a bit, but everytime I left it in a carpark or parked on a street I would be stressing. So it sits in my grandpas shed under a cover for the while.

Cheers, Ben.

Nice to see your strippin the ke20. Broke my heart when I heard it had been T-boned. Can't wait to see some progress pics of the repair work you're doing. Will you be doing all the work yourself? Or are you going to take it to a panel beater/chassis straightener? That saying that there actually is any chassis damage, which looks like a possibility...

Hey Damo. I was just looking at your car today. You've done a sensational job! Yeah, miss my 82s... Just love the old skool rollas so much too though. Love that pipe work in the last few photos you posted up on ae82oc. You should come over for the Clipsal and we'll all catch up. Legend's coming down.

Yay! This is wikid, we should all meet up and have large frys! I'm so glad you are fixing this ke20, I didn't think anyone was going to take this on and fix her up but there ya go, good onya, I seriously had a good think about buying this off will an doing the restoration myself but lack of money is an issue.

Can't wait to cruze next to this beast! Always missed and regreted sellin this ke, and have always wanted anouther coupe, but now I have one again hehehehe.

Haydn.

Hey there! First thing I'm going to do now is check out your rides threads! I LOVE ke26's. Large fries sounds great. We're always down Victor/Goolwa way. Should organise a ke2# cruise down to catch up with you and get RA28GT to take pics. Reckon it would make me all shaky seeing Mitch's 20, RA's, Nickyboy's etc etc with a few 25s, wagons and panos in the mix. :y:

Last of the photos for now so I don't bore you all. Stupid me forgot to drop the bonnet on the 25. Grrr

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg