Engine For A Ke11?

mjc85

G'day all, I am looking at purchasing a KE11 with a busted donk. I am new to corollas and cars in general (been doing the bike thing).

I have been doing some research on engines for a KE11 and have decided the CA18DET looks like the one for me as I have read it is simpler than the 4AGZE as its setup for RWD already.

What problems would I run into during the install apart from obvious things like new mounts etc.

And does anyone know if I'd have a problem getting a KE11 engineered with a CA18DET in QLD?

Cheers

Mitch

Edit: I am looking to do the easiest/cheapest (if this exists) engine swap to make the KE11 a bit more fun.

Edited by mjc85

Members dont see this ad

if you buy a front cut with a loom + ECU, then all you would need to do is put in bigger fuel lines, surge tank, a couple of fuel pumps and possibly a battery relocation to get it running in the car.

you'd obviously need a custom exhaust, you might be able to use the stock dump pipe if it doesn't foul on anything, custom tailshaft to suit whatever diff you use, bigger brakes, intercooler pipe work.

Have you considered putting in a 7K-E? loads of torque for a small car, simpler conversion and probably retains more value for the car.

Yeah man

KE10's are sick but u might wann'a do your research befor going ahead.

I don't know if the standard diff will hold up behind a CA18 turbo. There’s no straight swaps and a shortened diff is going to cost ya.

Front suspension is unique on these cars. But there is plenty of info in the Knowledge Base/FAQ. You will also find info in there about an easy break conversion. You could also get some ideas from other members rides.

I’m not sure if you could get the car engineered but it would be cool if you could. :)

had you been doing allot of mechanical work on your bikes?, if not then I'd go with a simple install like the 4k and go nuts on that, going to whole engineering route can be an expensive learning curve. soo many thing you don't think of till it going in. Just about anything in A ke11 is going to be quick as they weigh bugger all.

Looking froward to seeing some pics of the little beastie!!

+ 1 for the 7KE.

In a KE70 tunnel its tight enough with CA18DET box (needs some sledgey love). The CA20 boxes are an easier fit though.

If you want boost, you could rebuild the 7KE with some spool 7AFE rods and throw a small turbo on it and there won't be much that'll touch you in a straight line. You'll probably have to keep feeding it KE70 gearbox's till you find a K-T housing though.

Any ke10 guru's out there? Am I right in thinking the KE10 auto's have a bigger tunnel?

Hi all,

I managed to fit the Ca18 in my ke10, All in all headaches.

The tunnel needs major surgey, but it does fit. The gear stick ended up being approx 2mm away from the handbarke in 4th gear.

You really need to get the Ca20 box, or even better a S12 or early S13 (intercolled version) these had a shorter gearbox of approx 150mm.

If you where in syd you would have be able to see the car at the next radrollz cruize.

Cheers,