Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Ae70 Sprinter

Featured Replies

Well I thought I'd post up here my project car I just picked up. I'm keeping the KE70 panelvan as a daily driver while doing up the Sprinter.

 

athome3.jpg

It sucks that you found as much rust as you did, but lucky you're a good welder hey! :)

 

Hope to see it at a meet soon.

  • Author

Won't be at any meets soon, maybe 6 months time I'll have it on the road.

  • Author

athome1.jpg

 

athome2.jpg

 

basic photochop of what I'm roughly aiming for in the long term...

 

photochop01.jpg

Nice pick up. I haven't seen one of these things around for a very very long time. In fact I'd forgotten about them. Great looking car. I like the look you will be going for too. just add fender mirrors and I will be jealous as. :)

Thats one nice ride. I've never seen one of those before. nice find indeed.

 

:)

  • Author

They were sold in NZ yes.

yeah the look your going for is cool

 

any rust or shit like that

looks like a hard moddle to get in aus

Very nice rare car you've got there Paul

The photochop looks awesome, good luck with the build mate.

Should look great when it's done :D

 

Cheers

Dougy

  • Author
yeah the look your going for is cool

 

any rust or shit like that

looks like a hard moddle to get in aus

 

Yeah some rust in a few places, more than I was expecting but hey I guess you get that when you buy a car and don't look at it first. I had It shipped from Perth. Once I finish stripping the AE71 in my carport that space will be empty ready for the coupe to go in, then my local windscreen guy will come and pull my rear screen for me so i can send the rubber to QLD and have it copied while i do the rust repairs in that area. I'll post up pics of rust and progress as I go. All rust will be fixed as best as I can do (I'm a second year apprentice maintenance fitter).

 

I will be just doing the basics to get it on the road and legal first with the current driveline, then pulling it off the road for rebuild when I see fit (keeping it rego'd). I'm guessing the current 3A-U, automatic, and S series driveline will give me the shits after around 3 months of occasional driving, lol. I have a 7 rib block bigport, T-50 and T series diff for it, still need an AE86 front section shaft and kaaz 2 way to complete my mechanical parts list. Also on the lookout for T-18 drivers door and front panels.

Hey nice to see its arrived, looks in fairly good shape too!

 

I'll be watching this project. Good luck with the build!

  • 6 months later...

Any progress on her yet?

 

Found the T18 front you're after?

  • Author

Not too much to report on this lil car. I've picked up a complete S2 TE72 as a donor car for it. I will be using every panel from it (except the hatch obviously) as they're all straight and rust free. The interior in the TE72 is the same style too and the seats are excellent - overrated condition so I'll use them also.

 

I'm focusing on making my little daily driver pano a more enjoyable car to drive for the mean time, I just picked up a smashed AE71 donor car for the smallport 4A-GE that's in it to put in the van. Got an Excel X2 radiator for it on the weekend along with airbox from VN commo and piping from 323. Just need JDM RWD waterpump which I will buy new so I can piss off the crap remote thermostat setup it was running, and get a tailshaft then the 4K can come out of the van.

 

Apprenticeship + morgage + long working hours means i'm yet to make a start on the Sprinter. Would like to start getting stuck into it around August/September this year and have it rego'd by summer.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.