4k-c Turbo?

KE70MAN

Mmmm...good points. Have to sit down and work out what I'm wanting to do here I guess. Know a bloke who's got a 1"3/4' SU for sale. Might start there.

Know it's not in the ghetto theme but was going to get it rebuilt. Perhaps I'll talk to the dudes at the carbie place about running boost thru it...

Cheers again.

R:)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a friend of mine just scored a hks k series turbo kit so i went around to give him a hand and check it all out... runs what looks like a standard carb with a round plenum on top which just looks like a air cleaner box but is cast and has hks on it. runs a cast exchast manifold which is harder to put on than my home made headers (and there a bitch).

i havent had a chance to check out the jets yet but will someday and try and post up some measurements.

sounds very similar to a kit a mate of mine has for a 2 litre 626.

has the cross over pipe with the HSK in cast alloy that just presses on top of a carb, think the manifold also has a HSK stamp on it and a turbo with no branding on it.

he bought if off a car that got written off, came with a single throat stromberg carb.

we've been thinking about adapting the cross over pipe to go on a 626 carby, (which fit on k manifolds) and putting it on my car and getting rid of the box to see if it'll flow much better!!

• 4 weeks later...

So hows the old girl going aye simon?

Have to grab that 3k off you some time, and then a 4k head, and some boost lol..

with the 3k 4k combo is 10psi too much to run as a daily driver?,

and also what sorta pressure can your carby handle?, was thinking it be no more than atleast 15psi right?, ive heard of fuel floats crushing!

10psi should be fine for normal use with the de-comped setup. would be better off running a 2 stage though so when just putting around you're on minimal boost and then have some decent power at the flick of a switch.

dunno what the carby would handle, probably hold 15psi alright i reckon, my weber has a brass float, so i reckon it'd hold up alright.

Would be much the same as doing a 4k, if not easier for the fact that they are cross flow!!

I know fug all about t-series engines, but would you be able to use say a 3tgte exhaust manifold? if so that would make it real easy!!

then just a matter of doing the usual shite like doing oil/water lines etc.

what sort of carby do you currently have on it?? a weber??