KE70MAN

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait...you run 110psi of oil through your turbo?

Yes I run 110PSI through my turbo but I have since dropped it back to about 90-100 for faster spool up. But lets just say my turbo isnt in a car..lol

And I was always told by turbo shops for every PSI of boost run 2PSI of oil pressure so for 30PSI turbo pressure run 60PSI oil pressure and I run 35PSI+ at high temps and a lot hotter I also need added oil for cooling.

As in a turbo bearing the oil does funny things and in all the twists and tuns yes can increase pressure as I have a report laying around on it some where.lol

Cameorn

hey just thought id add i have a mate with a ke20 with a blow through 3k or 4k can't remember, its a std motor hasnt been rebuilt. it runs a ca18 turbo of a j pipe manifold, no intercooler, std carby with drilled secondarys. it also has efi pump with fuel regulator. oil lines for turbo are just bundy tube(brake pipe) and it runs a 2 inch exhaust. and locked dissy to it made 100hp atw without dyno tuning and now makes 115 rwhp after tuning on the dyno, just thought that was a pretty good figure considering the basic mods only cost him couple of hundred dollars.

gearboxes and diffs don't really like it but