kE20ME

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool. I might either hit ryan up for a pair of those springs as well, or I might even go with a set of these weldon coilover kits!

http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/sleevekits.htm

they look like they would do the job well tom!

if you want to have a suss of mine, before you decide feel free to drop pass work or whatever... I'm heaps impressed with how well it handels and stiffness etc.. this is with no sway bar as well.. can only get better with one :y:

Cheers for doing all this research and hard work on the front suspension Henry, I am going to copy this setup for the front of my 11.

I just need some KE20 top spring hats and I am set, picking up some gabriel inserts tomorrow.

Your KE11 is going to look wild lowered and the extra handling has to be a good thing :y:

Cheers for doing all this research and hard work on the front suspension Henry, I am going to copy this setup for the front of my 11.

I just need some KE20 top spring hats and I am set, picking up some gabriel inserts tomorrow.

Your KE11 is going to look wild lowered and the extra handling has to be a good thing :)

cheers luke! :y:

sing out if you have any questions.. took me a while to work out which road to go town so many different options... but I'm happy with how it sits and handels now :yes: ill take some pics and post them up soon

i have 2 inch blocks for the back but haven't decided whether or not ill put them in yet... it sits nice and flat and a good ride height at the moment... guess well see :hmm:

definatley have to get your 11 and tom's wagon together for a bit of a cruise / photos when the weather comes nice again ;)

• 4 weeks later...
henry, I saw your rig out and about last night, looking good with the height reduction man! Even the missus looked and liked!

hahah cheers tom! got a complete new exhaust as well :n: the original one was getting back pressure cause it was too small. and it wasn't mounted the best. and kept popping exhuast manifold gaskets...

thanks to 'marky at exhuast tech' it has an awsome 2 inch system with all new hangers and mounts, into a lukey sports muffler with a nice crome tip!. really happy with it, :locked:

well have to catch up soon, ill show you the suss setup I'm running!

new pics please!

will do soon ryan.

Hey any chance u can put up some interior pics i gotta see that gearbox console, undertray and sl tacho dash cheers

hey dude,

can get pics of centre console. and steering wheel. still trying to source a tacho dash and gear knob. thinking about making a underdash shelf.. as most these days are destroyed.

i have a SL model ke11. it came standard with the gearbox console, i bought the steering wheel seperately. i believe the steering wheel, gearbox console, gear knob and underdash shelf were all factory dealer options.. for the SL ke11's where as the ke15 SL sprinters came standard with this.. *someone correct me if I'm worng*

henry.

• 3 months later...

here are some piccs i have been meaning to upload for ages :) .. i have been running 12's for a while, i originally put them in as i had rubbing issues with the 14's at the back when i had more than two people in the car, i think this was a result of the tyre size I'm running and the lowering..

i reckon the 12's look awsome for a change, although the ride is definatley more unconfortable. :dance:

the tacho dash was a headache to put.. but its all re-wired and working great! and i labelled all the wires, so i can always swap back to the orginal cluster by just changing where the wire enters in the plug :dance:

and then i found some pics of my front springs that i forgot i even took.

car is unregistered at the moment, probably will just sit in the shed till summer comes around again.. but i do have a few things i want to get done to it before it hits the streets again :(

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Edited by kE20ME

• 2 weeks later...
henry man can you hook us that dimension thingo for the springs you been meaning to give me :dance:

will do man!

cheers for the comments boys!!

yea its real low with the 12's.. only bad thing is second hand 12 inch rubber is very hard to come across!

cheers

henry