Trd K Engine Manual

OniBerserker

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that, the book is over 30 years old lol

ive got a few screens of the tosco manual on my comp at home, ill post them up when I can

What I said? Nah mate you can still get lots of nos parts from toyota still even old TRD stuff, can get nearly all of the TRD range springs and shocks for ae86, still brand new from Japan.

What I said? Nah mate you can still get lots of nos parts from toyota still even old TRD stuff, can get nearly all of the TRD range springs and shocks for ae86, still brand new from Japan.

yea AE86 stuff of course, but not K series stuff lol, all of it is NLA 20 years ago....

Thanks for that

I had managed to get a copy but I am sure others will be interested

Accepting the fact that getting the listed TRD parts is not going to happen, it still has some interesting bits of information to consider in building up a race 3K

Probably not the only way to go about it though

19914afc, I'm not exactly up to scratch on TRD's suspension products...Which rear shocks for the AE86 are the better? I know there's a couple of different ones (blue, yellow etc)

Sorry for unrelated post.

is there any pages missing out of the link I posted?

bit of custom work and you could probably build some thing better?

Your link is complete and all pages are there

Potentially, with modern custom compenents a better engine is possible. What I am hoping to achieve though is to run a middle course with the use of some standard and more readily available components so it does not cost a fortune. eg some years ago I built up a 3K using Hepolite 60 thou oversize 78.5 mm Norton 850 motorcycle pistons and it had good power - they are still available but I am going through the exercise of seeing what other pistons would suit before considering custom forged

do you remember pin height and pin diameter of stock norton 850 pistons?

All I remember is that I was using (balanced and shot peened) standard rods and I think they were rebushed to take the pin.

Also, I skimmed the block a little to give the higher compression and had valve pockets machined into the pistons

Looking on the web I have found a reference to Norton 850 pistons and it says the pin diameter is 17.45mm and a compression height of 37.5mm so that fits with what I remember. Interestingly that is a UK site selling JP Pistons made here in Adelaide.

All I remember is that I was using (balanced and shot peened) standard rods and I think they were rebushed to take the pin.

Also, I skimmed the block a little to give the higher compression and had valve pockets machined into the pistons

Looking on the web I have found a reference to Norton 850 pistons and it says the pin diameter is 17.45mm and a compression height of 37.5mm so that fits with what I remember. Interestingly that is a UK site selling JP Pistons made here in Adelaide.

Cheers. Saw some 850 pistons with 18mm pins but they were meant for carillo rods.. expensive stuff

sounds like theyre a bit high as well