Come Play In The Dirt Day Mkii

Toy-Yoda

Due in part to my needing more usable film for the next Youtube clip and a desire to make use of ORB, I'm heading out again this coming weekend, Saturday 11/10/08, anyone willing to come along and do some skids/ride along in ORB is more than welcome........

Apologies for the short notice, it has proven difficult to organise a solid date this time, but it's on and it'll be fun. :cool:

Yoda.

Members dont see this ad
You realise Bathurst is this weekend!?

Yep, and I don't think I could care less........

Euro Touring cars = Entertaining

Paris - Dakar = Very entertaining

Japanese D1 = Supreme entertainment

Bathurst 1000 just fails in my opinion.

But to be fair it IS a good excuse to sit on the couch all day and drink beer......

The day(s) went well, we all had a good run around, did some exploring, nearly cleaned up some guys on motorbikes, towed a guy out of the mud because lowered holden utes don't work off road, got the truck bogged in a big way, got some filming done, but not enough.......

After we used a technique that I wouldn't ever condone to straighten out the severely bent chassis, the car went like a dream, also it turned out that the reason it was running rough at the last outing was due to the timing being out a bit........

About midday yesterday we set up a racetrack, and started some timed runs, there were 3 of us, and a total of 3 runs were made, first was Bendall with a 3:00.47, which was reasonable due to his inexperience with that car, next was Birdy with a 2:46.58 and some impressive air over the line and nice control around the last corner, I went last and clocked in a 2:33.86 having misjudged a couple of corners and running wide into the scrub I tried to make up for my "lost time" by throwing more speed at it, ended up launching the poor old thing over the finish line and landing amongst a pile of 3 foot tall trees which surprisingly did little to no physical damage, but ended our day because now there is a weird electrical fault that is causing the engine to run only when the key is turned to the "on" position, as soon as you release the key to the "run" position the engine just shuts off, I have no idea what causes something like that, but I may have a ghetto garage way to repair it, then I'll go out again get the filming done first, then have our fun.......

Overall I call the weekend a success, pics are on their way so don't bother asking, because they're all on Bendalls camera and he'll bring them to me when he's ready.

Looking forward to the next one though........ :wink:

Yoda out.

Yeah I'm deffinately keen for another one, just need a little more notice on a suitable weekend.

Your electrical trouble is most likely the "on" power to the coil - through the ballast resistor. It runs on "start" because it has a seperate 12v circuit, but you might fry your coil pretty quick running it at 12v. Should be pretty quick and easy to diagnose with a test light. You might have even snapped the ballast resistor, as its just a spring like coil inside that ceramic.

Sounds like we all need to chip in for a "Rollaclub Tas communal thrasher"!!! :yes:

Its actually not a stupid idea as it sounds! I know one local member is soon to have a suitable rolling shell, and between all of us we've probably got enough partS to get it running and keep it that way!! :lol: