Lsd For T-18 Diff

Harrycall

Members dont see this ad

t series diffs and lsds revision

all t series are are zenki small axle (common),

except for ae86 later model and ae95 4wd are kouki big axle (rare) - as far as i know.

e series has the same spline count and diameter as kouki but is not interchangable

with kouki axles due to a different spline profile.

zenki / kouki brands avaliable - kaaz, cusco, tomei, trd (all clutch type).

trd may have a helical (torsen) model avaliable for zenki (small axle early model)

obx have a helical (torsen) for for kouki (big axle later model)

the width may be ok with very positive offset rims and not too wide tyres but if you run the same very positive

offset rims and tyres all the way around they would probably hit the front struts.

width of a ke55 = 1355mm wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face.

t18 = 1400mm wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face

(ie from t18 specs track = 1335, wheel offset +32p)?

so an increase of (1400 - 1355) / 2 = 22.5mm a side wider, theres a gap in stock arches between tyre

and arch so you could move outwards with a wider diff but you can't go much more outwards with lower offset

rims than +32p or by having bigger tyres as they will hit the arch. so if you keep stock rims and tyres you probably could

swap the diff but any wider tyres will require more positive offset rims to bring the tyre under the arch or any lower offset

rims will need skinny tyres or require diff shortening.

you could use a ta22 diff, they are zenki and 1355mm wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face.

Edited by styler

ebay, ebay.com.au, yahoo japan, jap importers all have used ae86 zenki and kouki lsds for about $300,

most need a rebuild kit at $200 and labour at $300.

for about $1200 you can get a new better stronger lsd aftermarket as mentioned from ebay, ebay.com.au,

yahoo japan, jap performance shops, ae86 forum sponsors.

i thought the celica version t-series was actually wider than t-18

oh and i have confirmed that the rumour that series 2 t-18 diffs are DO NOT have kouki axels.

you can get after market LSDs for under $1200, hell i sell them for under that! factory ones are better than an open wheeler and obviously done wear like a mechanical one does. but rebuild kits are only about 200 for an aftermarket one.

hopefully when the commercial section gets back up and running ill be in it :P

A quick google and I found these figures on early celica and corolla diffs.

TA22 = 1285 mm

KE30 = 1285 mm

:P

No shock that they're not kouki axels. Most accounts say they changed the spline in 1985.

Get your LSD off greenline and it'll be under $1000 delivered from japan(assuming there isn't a world recession)

Edited by beerhead