Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Ben-89

Members dont see this ad

I don't know how your able to leave them both so standard mate, if i owned one like that it wouldn't be very original let me tell you haha, but keep up the good work mate it's good to see you got clean standard (not massive hp sleeper) cars into a car mag well done

Thanks Daxman and Justin.

Believe me sometimes its very, very tempting to stick some serious rubber and coils under the car as thats what e7 owners usually do. But then it would ruin the hard work ive put in to get them to this standard which would hurt a lot. What ive done to them has made them stand out in their own right so they're still head turners.

Hit the jackpot a couple of times this week, found three genuine as new heater hoses for the ae71 in case I break one during the manual conversion or just to have as a spare. If you can get them from Toyota where can you get them.

Secondly I was getting annoyed with the rear louvre as its a pain to clean behind, so I opted to buy a venetian. Coincidentially there happened to be one on ebay so I won that and am awaiting delivery. For the 21st birthday Paul found me something very rare which I had never seen or imagined. An ae71 bonnet protector!, He always fancied the red Corollas rear louvre so his ae71 will be sprting that instead.

Photos to follow.

Photos....

Gear stick surround, lucky it was still there 4 weeks after buying the conversion gear. Pain finding a manual one in grey.

S5003656.jpg

Three emergency/replacement hoses, all for $20.00 :D

S5003657.jpg

Working out mounting holes to fit bonnet protector (will be squared up nicely)

S5003662.jpg

May as well put it up while its there, the 4A :(

S5003661.jpg

You got me thinking guys, yes while some AE71's had the shroud some didnt. I noted two ae71s and one had the plastic shroud, while the other had the fan exposed - however the top tank of the radiator had a small fan guard tacked on like mine has. From what I can acertain Toyota did some changes as far as those things are concerned, but the radiators are still the same.

For you're comparison

corolla005.jpg

Image137.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

if you know ben, he will NEVER! do that to a poor ke70!

i say go for a fan shroud!

Hey Evan what motor was under the bonnet when I showed you on Sunday, no push rods for this machine :)

It'll look weird with that tin plate and a plastic shroud underneath. Ill leave it how it came....

Ahem! AE71 mate :) I'm not sold on the bonnet protector but then again I have never seen one before. The venetians however will look sweet.

The bonnet protector I have never seen before Matt, not even Toyota had these as an option which is why I never looked for one. The venetian will be good when it finally arrives though. :)