Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Okay the ae71 got its service today and its all good, the rattle I mentioned earlier was realated to the right hand wheel bearing despite it being slightly loose. The problem was the brake pads :blinks: They were roadworthy but rather thin none the less, so the caliper was sloppy and rattly. With new pads and wheel bearings tightened theres no noise. :yes:

 

Stating the obvious here, but it goes like $h@t off a shovel :fuzz:

  • Replies 522
  • Views 410.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uhhh going to vic roads for a gearbox conversion? :huh:

  • Back in Melboune a few weekends ago we hosted the first All Japan Day car show, an event hosted many times in other states if I'm not wrong? Got the ke70 all prepped up, and I couldnt believe how much

  • Thanks Jay, once they are clean up they are like a different (new car).   After long searching I found a genuine sx/gti rear muffler, thanks to madrollafan! In good solid condition, just needed the

Posted Images

 

Stating the obvious here, but it goes like $h@t off a shovel :fuzz:

 

:cool: Hell yes, I am due for a spin in this thing!

  • Author

:cool: Hell yes, I am due for a spin in this thing!

Hey Mr Gua Gua,

 

At the moment I have the ke70 down as Ive been itching to drive the little 4k and good weather, but have the dash fasia and cluster out due to a electrical issue with the clock which needs to get fixed. When the clock was placed to direct power it worked, so it must be a disturbed wire somewhere :hmm: Well the autolec can do that :blush: Tehn the bases on the ke front seats will be reupholdstered next :y:

 

The AE71 needs to be initiated so Saturday seems appropriate :yes: Ke70 and Ae71 = chalk and cheese, despite the ke70 having less get and go it is much more refined and very black tie to drive :cool:

 

The AE71 needs to be initiated so Saturday seems appropriate :yes: Ke70 and Ae71 = chalk and cheese, despite the ke70 having less get and go it is much more refined and very black tie to drive :cool:

No kebab night?

I'm disappointed. :rolls:

his always doing something when theres something on :glare:

 

sorrento? missed that

kinglake? manualising

kebab? NO EXCUSE! :lol:

  • Author

his always doing something when theres something on :glare:

 

sorrento? missed that Was doing the final prep run with the cousins....

kinglake? manualising 9 months conversion wait was long enough, had to happen soon.

kebab? NO EXCUSE! :lol:Hmm, the least I can do is meet you guys at Mill Park Maccas.

Saturday should be good though :wink: You and Mr Baker will be there :poke: :yes:

 

:o Is Evan my stalker?

  • Author

Well today was a nice but relaxing Sunday, first off to supercheap to buy a small pot of green and white paint to repaint my rear numberplate on the red 71'. Looks nice now :yes:

 

On another note, my white ke came from a Ken Morgan Toyota dealership so I have been screening Toyotas to find a rear numberplate frame and was lucky enough to see one up the road from me, so a quick door knock and chat and it was mine. Though the corona had a left door mirror missing, and I had a temporary corona one fitted to red which I took off once I got a proper 71' unit I gave that to the bloke as a thanks so it was all good.

 

A pic of refreshing the letters and border..

S5003815.jpg

Haha that's awesome, and the story that goes along with it is just as good!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey guys quick update, got the ke70 clock fixed a fortnight ago. A solder behind the cluster was broken hence why the clock didnt work :glare: Main thing is that it woks again after 6 dead years :dance:

 

Flushed out the rad and engine cooling system, reversed fush and normal flush 5 times each on the radiator and motor for quite a while. Runs much cooler now :wink: and so do I now worrying about it :blush:

 

When I was mucking around taking the dash and plastics out I kept looking at the shortened gearstick thinking it doesent look right. After comparing it to the ae71 it definitely needs the proper lenght stick. I have the specific knob that I hauded nearly 10 years ago as it was and still is relatively clean and shiny so its halfway there..

 

Most of these knobs lost the little shift pattern years ago, so its a lucky find for a 4 speed.

 

Current stick and knob.

S5003582.jpg

 

S5003851.jpg

 

S5003849.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

short shift yol!

 

how does it look like its been modified? cut down and re treaded?

  • Author

Its definitely been shortened, Baker had a gawk when he was down last week and agreed also. This may be a clean original ke70, but back in its day it had quite a few visual things done on it.... that didnt suit my taste. But its becoming the way I like it :yes:

  • Author

Went to see my uncle as the AE71 needs some rust cut out, he does professional panelbeating and spary painting so he's preety thorough when it comes to finish. What needs to be done....

 

 

Rusty Bits

.Remove rust from LH rear wheel arch (inner and outer) and bottom of 1/4 panel.

.Remove rust above both rear tail lights and weld in replacements and a wee bit on the bottom of the beaver panel above the bumperbar. (caused by leaky boot seal) over time.

Dents

. There is one irratating dent on the LH front passenger door, so that will go along with some little dents around the lock barrel, back RH door small dent, drivers door is small dent and on the bonnet and boot lid is three small dents.

 

Now paint is thin on some edges of the car, like A pillars one c pillar, bonnet hump and front guard so my uncle will blend the paint into the areas there no worries. Then the bonnet, boot will get a good few coats and so will the rear beaver panel and doors to finish off the small repairs. It sounds daunting :( But it will definietley be worth it so I will be really looking forward to it :yes:

That does sound like a lot of work to be doing without taking the jump towards full respray.

Typical Ben fussing haha.

Seriously overrated KE70.

Definitely on my "to steal" list :laff:

since i know where the killswitch is now :wink:

  • Author

That does sound like a lot of work to be doing without taking the jump towards full respray.

It sounds like a lot of work but isnt, The roof is perfect only the pillars a tad thin so blend it in with the red and continue the blending onto the boot, bonnet doors etc, etc. The car is straight however the little dents and shiny paint don't do it justice up close. Doing this will make it better :y:

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.