Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Typical Ben fussing haha.

Seriously overrated KE70.

Definitely on my "to steal" list :laff:

since i know where the killswitch is now :wink:

Mr Baker you are aware I have standards. Laymans terms "fussing" would be appropriate :laff:

I glad my ke70 is worthy enough to be on the steal list

Now its our little secret, or i'll chase you with the wooden spoon :yes:

You'll need to find the car first before you grab it.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • Replies 522
  • Views 410.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uhhh going to vic roads for a gearbox conversion? :huh:

  • Back in Melboune a few weekends ago we hosted the first All Japan Day car show, an event hosted many times in other states if I'm not wrong? Got the ke70 all prepped up, and I couldnt believe how much

  • Thanks Jay, once they are clean up they are like a different (new car).   After long searching I found a genuine sx/gti rear muffler, thanks to madrollafan! In good solid condition, just needed the

Posted Images

Hi Ben.

 

I noticed last week the picture of the 4spd shifter. Do you need a 5spd badge?

 

I found one cleaning out my old wagon (orig 5spd) and thought it may be of use to you.

  • Author

Hi Ben.

 

I noticed last week the picture of the 4spd shifter. Do you need a 5spd badge?

 

I found one cleaning out my old wagon (orig 5spd) and thought it may be of use to you.

Hey Ryan,

 

Thankyou very muck for the offer but the 4 speed is all I need, I appreciate your consideration :)

  • Author

Went for a drive to Pick a Part in Kilsyth on the hunt for a full lenght gearstick for a k40 and found one :yes: Its out of a 4 speed slanty front but I can't see any issues of it not fitting in the early model (flat front) gearbox. Just took the stick after unpopping the circlip.

 

Unsure whether you clean it up as its preety dirty or just leave it as is, either way I'm happy with the purchase.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • Author

Here it is, cleaned off all the grime thats accumilated over time and will be popped in when I see the car next. Should I relube the small plastic knuckle on the end of the stick where it enters the box?

 

S5003856.jpg

 

S5003855.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!! :evil:

 

Here it is, cleaned off all the grime thats accumilated over time and will be popped in when I see the car next. Should I relube the small plastic knuckle on the end of the stick where it enters the box?

 

 

Yep.

Edited by bAKER

  • Author

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!! :evil:

Yes Mr Baker, I know where I live too. :laff: My ke70 is now chained to the ground and requires eye scanning technology to enter the garage :yes: .

 

 

Yep.

Should I use grease such as wheel bearing grease, or just brush on some gearbox oil to the end of the stick?

I use grease.

  • Author

I use grease.

Grease it is then, thanks guys!

  • Author

Well today the ae71 finally went in for its carbie to be looked at for a number of reasons..

A, Its running rich.

B, The idle is too high as it was previously auto. (Yes I could have lowered it but may as well let the carby bloke do it).

C, The auto choke dosen't work, this was caused by me degreasing the engine a while back I'd say.

 

So I was told it will be ready tomorrow afternoon, should drive a bit better :)

Awesome! Can't wait to see it in the Flesh! :)

 

Josh :cool:

  • Author

Awesome! Can't wait to see it in the Flesh! :)

 

Josh :cool:

Well a Kebeb drive will be happening soonish, so the ke or ae will be there to mingle!

Hey,was the ke at pick a part a blue slant nose cause if it was I got the inlet manifold and carb of it about a month ago!

  • Author

Hey,was the ke at pick a part a blue slant nose cause if it was I got the inlet manifold and carb of it about a month ago!

No mate there were a yellow slanty that was there for a few months and a white sedan that was just put in. Funnily enough the yellow ke70 I got he stick from had the carby and inlet missing!

 

I picked up the car from the tuner today and it runs like a swiss watch. Firstly the auto choke was seized up so it was fixed and worked brilliantly when I picked it up today. Secondly the idle was too high due to the former automatic settings that I knew about. And lastly the carby mixtures as the tuner described it were a "mile off"

 

He said the difference in economy will be much more noticable, and so will the drivability when the car is cold as I confirmed when test driving it. The pick up is smooth and response is sharp. He checked the timing and it was perfect :y:

 

Good fix all round :)

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

After sitting for a long time in the yard, Paul decided it was time to bring the ae70 Sprinter up to the country. Just the usual fluid checks and pre driving checks to do before getting an un registered permit and washing it for its 130km single way trip!

 

S5003864.jpg

 

S5003865.jpg

 

S5003866.jpg

 

Heading up the Ring Road.

S5003868.jpg

 

Having a rest stop.

S5003869.jpg

 

The fun begins :yes:

S5003876.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.