Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Ben-89

Members dont see this ad

New seats look good mate.

That's not good news about the red car, how did it happen?

I it got t-boned as I was executing a right turn in an intersection. An older

Merc, 300e I think travelling down hill and hit me. Busy intersection and being unfamiliar

was my fault as I did not see the car. But this accoured in a school zone where its 40

and the extent of the damage to the Corolla in my opinion and others who have seen

it believe it was done at more than 40km/h.

I could dispute untill the cows come home, but for what its worth I really couldnt be bothered.

Its taken a while for me to get over. Main thing is no one was injured.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

• 2 months later...

Well since the last post I have made another purchase for the ke70, a genuine sunvisor.

Its got a little surface rust but its better than those mesh ones. It will get repainted

eventually, I dummy fitted it just for the photos.

Gave it its service, fresh oil, genuine toyota filter, new brake shoes and carby tune.

Drives nicer since the tune. Complete coolant flush was done in Jan when I fitted a new

thermostat so its all good.

S5004269b.jpg

S5004267b.jpg

S5004281.jpg

S5004272.jpg

Dummy fitted this, and its preety long.. The chrome tip.

S5004292b.jpg

S5004283.jpg

Thanks Spencer :)

And here is the new daily. Some specs....

Plenty of registration

1992 Dec build AE94 hatch back.

CSi so it has the a/c, pwr steer and efi:yes:

13" tyres, so I could swap the good rubber from the ae71 onto this!

Great interior, not a tear in the seats or fault elsewhere. So I swapped over the seat covers from the ae71.

Clear fujitsu radio and working tape deck.

Body wise very, very straight. Was quite dull but had an attempted polish by the lady

owner before sale.

Gave it a good detail with dad on the outside. I did under the bonnet, roadworthy items we picked prior to booking were..

Undersize front brake pads

Hole in rear muffler

Tyres due for replacement

Slipping clutch.

So we both worked on these issues before it was brought in for its inspection. So it was passed, but the clutch and timing belt got replaced at the same time anyway.

After doing the roadworhty I waited a few weeks to see if any problems were going to arise before I stated fiddling with it. None did so I did the detailing, buying little bits like the interior light cover, dash mat, parcel shelf cord, looking for a series two front bar in white! Like finding a needle in a haystack :yes: And CSi 13" hubcaps. A style of cap I fancied on the ae94s. Searched high and low for them and got one from a car yard, two from a wrecker as thats all he had, and lastly four from pick a part with were in the boot of a Csi.

Me being mr meticulous washed all the caps, primed and shot them in aluminium finish paint before doing the lettering by hand :y: came up great as I couldnt stand the horrid aftermarket ones on there...

One headlight cover was cracked, so I grabbed one during my weekend wrecker trip, but no

front bar to be found despite plenty of ae92s! The bar which was on the car was just knackered. Flaky paint, scratches, slightly pushed in on one corner where it was distorted.

It just wasnt worth the money or time to repair...

A month and a half later I went down to Kilsyth pick a part and found a series two CSi limited. Beautifull, 10 mins the bar was off, dull but good paint and prefect irons inside. I had to paint the top part black as thats whats the Csi had opposed to white on the limiteds.

Further looking found some geuine toyota headlight covers which really suprised me. And lastly there was a new rear muffler fitted, yes I had an as new unit which I got from a wrecker but its good to have a spare. But this one was so much smaller than the standard size but had all the identical mounting and hangine points, I bought it anyway and discovered it was made in 2010 with a part number, by auspac exhaust who manufacture sports systems. So the day I fitted the front bar I put on the rear muffler and it sounds preety good!

Day of purchase. Dull paint, those hubcaps and that front bar :o

S5004151b.jpg

Nice interior, dash mat and covers fitted after pics.

S5004145.jpg

S5004144.jpg

S5004147.jpg

Start of the detailing.

S5004157.jpg

S5004163.jpg

As new muffler for the rwc.

S5004159.jpg

Edited by Ben-89

Thanks Josh, the visor finishes it off to a tee. The ae94 is real pleasure to steer too.

Before and after the cut and polish, hub caps, headlight covers and nice front bar and exhaust..

Before polish.

S5004149b.jpg

After.

S5004206b.jpg

S5004202-1.jpg

CopyofS5004345.jpg

Replacement front bar, I swapped over the white insert after this pic was taken, as it was previously chrome.

CopyofS5004346b.jpg

S5004347.jpg

S5004349-1.jpg

Thanks Jesse,

Did a bit of tidying over the weekend while the weather was dry.

Washed down around the battery tray, not corrosion at all but trapped dirt originating

from the dust. Gave it a good going over with hot soapy water a brush and a hard rinse. Let

it dry for an hour or two in the sun before hitting it with body deadener and later on some

gloss white.

Heres a few pics of the old rear muffler, completely rusted away! I snapped off the intake

pipe to the camera could of the damage which was fairy obvious by sound of the thing when I bought it. Just for comparison sake heres the size difference between the sports muffler and

standard size.

Nothing left is there?

S5004381.jpg

S5004382.jpg

S5004383.jpg

Pinstripes will go on soon, dad came acroos there by fluke which is what I was thinking of.

S5004370.jpg

Battery area after

S5004372.jpg

S5004363b.jpg

I hope so :)

He'll have me on side as installer if deciding to stereo it up.

PS: Ben, there's TS-C1002's on ebay if you want to restore the aftermarket 80's rear speakers in the ksev. They're the 4" splits you need.

Good stuff ben. Gonna put something toward the audio sides of thing for when your crusing or ?

Edit:

How did you clean your engine bay so well. I'd really like to know . :)

Thanks Jesse,

For the bonnet all I did was spary it with degreaser, then with a rag and very warm (almost hot) bucket of

water I simply wiped down the bonnet until it was clean enough.

For the remainder of the engine bay (strut towers, firewall, chassis rails and radiator support, I sprayed more degreaser and used two cans 15 mins before going to the car wash and giving it more. When it got the car wash I used the degreaser from there which was quite strong and thats when I went over everything again but including the engine this time. I then let it soak before starting the engine and giving it its high pressure rinse.

Oh okay, cheers mate. I sent you a pm asking about your 71' sale thread.

I asked how much your clutch master and slave cost and where I would be able to buy them?

Any light shed on the subject would be great, thanks Ben!

This is only from the top of my head Jesse.

I bought the clutch master cyl from repco for $92.00 I think.

Clutch slave possibly around the $60.00 mark give or take from Repco too..

And the flexi line was from a parts place called ABS, may be up

your neck of the woods and that was $45.00 as it was custom made

due to them not stocking that type of hose.