Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Ben-89

More progress, my boot seal that was destined for the old ae71 2 years ago got put on today. I got a little worried as it was so tight working it around the boot opening but it now fits like a glove. Being an ametur the stanley knife jumped out of the groove a few times when I was making the incision deeper for it to sit on the lip so there are some cuts in the rubber... Eventhough the rubber sits flush with the metal the overall profile is nice and high and you can feel a slight resistance when closing the boot knowing its actually sealing unlike the pancake that was there..

Had a go with my uncle at shaving a few areas where some particles got under the paint causing little bumps with a flat edge safety blade. Mainly on the boot so I'll finish that tomorrow and give it a wet rub with 1200 paper and soapy water followed by a polish by hand with a cutter and then by buff.

I removed the window winders and the lock/unlock buttons as he will be colour matching them with the same blue the used for the interior door bezels as they are sun bleached like anything.

Members dont see this ad

Wow. That paint came out great! Where did ya get it from? Brand and the paint to thinners ratio?

Cheers Aaron, unsure what brand of paint and thinner ratio but I can find out for you. My uncle mixes his own paints and has done so over three decades. Its 2 pack in Peak White (AA) so its got the proper tinting to match the car.

Hey Aaron I spoke with my unlce and he said it was just a mixture of 2 pac paint he had in the workshop, as far as brand or anything like that theres Dupont, Glasurit and many other brand which I can't recall off the top of my head. Quantity of paint was one litre which was made up and there is 1/3 left incase of touch ups... Hope it sheds some light for you.

More news!

Last week I recieved my painted door bits and they are insane, the finish, match is just spot on! Photos don't do it justice. Opening the doors and hopping in looks more so like a brand new car as it all matches along with the aroma of feint paint from being closed up :D Today my uncle and I did the polishing of the bootlid and the entire sides of the car and its spot on the money. After cleaning off the polishing compound I gave it a thorough wash and rinse to check for leaks which were nill. The boot is sealed 100%!

Few teasers ;)

I wasnt suprised to see it rust free in there when it was stripped of paint and seam sealer.

SDC10455.jpg

SDC10460.jpg

Crisp.

SDC10462.jpg

Thats all for now, more to follow later :)

Edited by Ben-89

Cheers guys, it good to steer behind the wheel of this for a change.

Just need to need to do an oil and filter change *every 1,500-2,000kms or 12 months*

And I need to replace the battery as its playing funny buggers....

Yesterday morning was adequate for lighting, much better than today so Ill put up some quickies for your amusement.

SDC10471.jpg

SDC10470.jpg

SDC10464.jpg

SDC10466.jpg

Edited by Ben-89

• 3 weeks later...