Southern Cruise To Victor Harbour

Budowski

Southern cruise to Victor Harbour.29th november saturday

Meet point - Colonnades, Beach Rd, NOARLUNGA 5168 near the Red Rooster, there is Shell service station nearby

Time - 1.30pm, once everyone turns up well try to leave no later than 2pm.

Destination - Victor Harbour, carpark near the walkway that joins Granite Island, or if that is packed being nice weather, may need to be the Woolworths carpark.

Turn right onto beach Rd, Leaving from the set of lights between the red rooster and the shell service station.

Note there should be two lanes at the lights to turn right so fill them up. We may get caught at the 2nd se of lights but there are also still two lanes fill them up the road will merge into one lane slightly going past bunnings.

Heading East on Beach Rd towards South Rd intersection.

Turn right onto South Rd. Note! Do not! turn off south rd at the Victor Harbour turnoff.

Heading south on South Rd towards Myponga. Note We will be turning left at a small intersection before the town of Myponga.

Turn left, and in less than 100m turn left again onto Pages Flat Rd

Turn right onto Hindmarsh Tiers Rd. Note also called Hindmarsh Valley Rd on googlemaps.

Heading East/South, longest section will end at a T junction of the Victor Harbour Rd

Turn right onto Victor Harbour Rd and follow into the main town of Victor Habour.

The road name changes to Hindmarsh Rd and then Torrens St.

Turn left onto Ocean St which is a brick paved road, shops/movies/pubs.

This should take us directly to the esplanade carpark where the bridge to granite island is.

If the carpark is unsuitable the 2nd parking point will be on Torrens st at the Woolworths shopping centre carpark. Vitually the same road we came in on.

Which has a KFC and Woolworths petrol station.

If anyone is interested might make a run up to the Bluff and back before leaving for home.

Torrens rd heading West/South turn right onto Victoria St and a left onto Bay Rd and left again onto Harbour View Tce. Head towards the ocean and turn right onto Franklin Parade all sign posted can't miss the bluff entrance

Edited by Budowski

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaned :jamie:

now, for those who are coming from the north like myself, i figured we can meet up and take a leisurely drive down to the southern meet point as a group.

my suggestion was to meet and 1 or 2 places just depends on how north some people are.

Bunnings Parafield, around 11:30am to leave at 12pm,(plenty of time just incase)

and/or (will depend)

Bunnings MileEnd, get there around 12:30, picking up those who are there if any and leaving straight away.

Cleaned :jamie:

now, for those who are coming from the north like myself, i figured we can meet up and take a leisurely drive down to the southern meet point as a group.

my suggestion was to meet and 1 or 2 places just depends on how north some people are.

Bunnings Parafield, around 11:30am to leave at 12pm,(plenty of time just incase)

and/or (will depend)

Bunnings MileEnd, get there around 12:30, picking up those who are there if any and leaving straight away.

yerp i am that is a great idea ill be at bunnings then c you there

• 2 weeks later...
Budowski, have you got a route for the way back?

i was thinking by the time everyone starts doing their own thing in victor eg pub, whale watching :) its a little hard to gather everyone up for a cruise back.

But i was just going to do the reverse when i decide to leave so that will be easy to follow. Or everyone can follow the clearly sign posted route back to adelaide on the main roads.

I guess so far I'm just starting simple. If you have any ideas let me know dude.

i was just thinking of going out the through goolwa then onto strathalbyn and mount barker and then down the freeway back to adelaide

i prefer to go through ashbourne/meadows/hahndorf......much nicer roads, less traffic and alot quicker if you have idea how to drive a car through the twisties.

Sorry i wont be attending, i have just bought my stereosonics ticket :)