ROLLN'03

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having gone from a 3K in my KE20 to a heavier TA22 with a 2T I realised just how little torque there was in the 3K. You don't have to rev the guts out of the 2T to get it to move. I don't think I could cope with that little amount of torque again.

the epc has a part number search function.... so i can put that number in and it tells me what it fits....

if you need a model number again use km36rv-jrbe :D

one def is hyd, but the other isnt an update (we call em supercessions) they are listed for different models.

• 4 months later...
why did they make the 5k's with hydraulic lifters in the 1st place? surely there must be some advantage over solid -anyone know what it is?

the main advantage of hydraulics is ease of maintenance, and quiet running. 5ks were mainly meant for vans. to much of a pain in the ass to adjust the valve clearances in a van at every service.

my zero dollar hydraulic to solid conversion works fine. pushrod length is the only real issue.

i have read in a few places on the net (not sure whether to believe or not), that 4ke's came with some weirdass hydraulic lifters originally. apparently they were supposed to be silicon filled or something, and most failed prematurely. they were replaced by toyota with solids under warranty.

i have had 3 dished piston 4ks so far. all had solids.

i should also add the 4k dished piston lifters i have seen, are the same diameter as all other k/3k/4k engines.

Edited by Felix

no idea, you would have to ask someone like blown5k. he may know.

the lifters in my 5k, are converted hydraulics. they have simply had the circlip taken out of the top, the guts ripped out, and the lower pushrod seat dropped into the bottom of the lifter. i got them like this from peter (uze20), from his old club car 5k which he ran for 2 years or so. i have been using them for near 12 months now.

pushrods are 3k items which are a little to long. initially the the rockers tapped the underside of the rocker cover until i dremelled the cover. not ideal. superjamie has since given me some K (1100) pushrods which are a little shorter, and should perfect the setup, once i get around to fitting them. also i have a set of shortened rocker pedestals which should correct rocker geometry, centering the wiping action of the rocker to valve stems.

i thought i had a burnt valve a while back from the rockers still contacting the rocker cover and closing up the valve clearances. turned out to be a cracked inlet manifold, causing a huge vacuum leak to one of the cylinders.

Edited by Felix

Yeah..... Ive heard of many ways of doing it...... Gues ill just find the best way to do it when i get to that point.........

For now I'm just going to see how the hydro's go in the engine.....

NICE AND QUIET! :y:

Edited by Nick