ROLLN'03

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm, i don't remember whose it was. a quick burst to 7500 isn't the problem, it's holding it there, letting the lifters pump up

i used to take my 4k to 8500 all the time =) i'd just say to people "watch the tacho" and launch in 1st, wind off the dial, then do the same in second, by then we'd be doing just under 100km/h

Super Jamie how did u manage to get 8.5K rpm always :thumbsup: were u using standard single carb or weber or SU carb :wootjump:

btw: after the last bit of headwork to my 3K bigport it now has holden 202 valve springs.....i havent had a problem with them yet.... :thumbsup:

remember nick, you have to get the valve spring seat machined out to accept the holden springs.

Edited by Xany

my 5k runs double valve springs, actually, the inner spring is more a damper type spring. they came from petes old race car. think they are some sort of aftermarket holden spring. it would operate over 8 grand most of the time when they were doing motorkhanas, it had a 30/70 cam, and the same lifter setup i now run.

i have had my 5k well over 8 grand, but there is not much point. the cam (tighe 113 25/65) gives faster acceleration if i change at 7 grand, and let the torque in the next gear do the work.

note the same cam would make power to 8 grand when it was in my previous 4k, and come on cam about a thousand revs later. i raised the rev limiter in the 4k (LOL), by shimming the stocky valve springs until there was 10 thou between coils at full lift. at motorkhanas i would often just hold it flat and let the thing valve float continuously. had quite a few people come up and ask me if i had ever heard of a rev limiter.

:thumbsup:

Super Jamie how did u manage to get 8.5K rpm always :thumbsup: were u using standard single carb or weber or SU carb =)

hold my right foot down and not change gears

my engine pulls 8500 with the modified single aisan i was using at first, and i've had it there with the twin SUs i upgraded to later

Super Jamie how did u manage to get 8.5K rpm always  :thumbsup: were u using standard single carb or weber or SU carb  :drinks:

hold my right foot down and not change gears

my engine pulls 8500 with the modified single aisan i was using at first, and i've had it there with the twin SUs i upgraded to later

cool man :wootjump: need to learn how you modify the asian carb =)