Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Defensive Driving: Mirror Adjustments

Featured Replies

What a crock

 

I use my mirrors to reverse and park... I need the car itself to be in frame.

 

Silly fat prick is too lazy to actually move his head to check the blind spots.

  • Author

Thats what i was thinking

Need some of the car in the mirror so that it can be used as a reference

 

Makes it difficult if there's no reference to how far from what ever it is your trying to stay away from from

i was told to keep the back door handle in the inside bottom corner of the outside mirrors.

 

but it's a bit hard in a two door car with only a rhs mirror. :no2:

Turth be told, after doing my Drive to survive course about 4 years ago, I've been driving with my mirrors set up like this. It's kind of useful on the freeway, hwere you can see the car 2 lanes over. But outside of that, there's no real benefit or detraction in normal driving. I still do head checks too, and they're not exaclty telling you not to do them, just how to use the mirrors more effectively.

try driving a single cab ute where your seat is hard against the rear wall, you have to set your mirrors like this, if not merging is pot luck.

if you need to see the car, lean over a bit, or move the mirror in a bit, but if you need to know if something is in that blind spot, which on my ute is from directly behind me to directly beside me, then i need the mirrors set like that.

 

i don't even bother shoulder checking anymore, as all i will see is pillar.

try setting it up like this, and just leaning over to see the car when reversing, and i think you will come to enjoy it.

fender mirrors all the way they sit so far forward on your guards you can see the car next to you :hmm: o o i still always do head checks but its great having them for rush hour traffic. You don't need to turn your head to see whats next to you so those sneaky bastards don't close the gap to lock you in :dance:

 

ive got fender mirrors as well and prefer them to the old door mirrors i had because the mirror isnt in the corner of your eye, its right there at the front where you are looking most of the time. but i check my blind spot religiously anyway, even if I'm driving on the freeway at midnight and i know there is noone around i just look over my shoulder out of habit.

  • 3 months later...

i have it nearly like this, i have about 5cm of my rear quarter too thou, but i just move over to get a better look if i need to.

I put it so I can see from the bottom of the back windows up, and from the rear quarter window back. Anything else I can headcheck, and if I need to use the passenger-side mirror for reverse parking I utilise the wonderful invention called power mirrors to dip them down so I can see the gutter.

I put it so I can see from the bottom of the back windows up, and from the rear quarter window back. Anything else I can headcheck, and if I need to use the passenger-side mirror for reverse parking I utilise the wonderful invention called power mirrors to dip them down so I can see the gutter.

 

My Chaser dips the passenger side automatically when I select reverse :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.