My 300hp Corolla

pnyk33

I have seen it before and it had the same mistake. don't get me wrong your car is great and I think your doing a good job but I just think the design of your intake manifold is wrong. I will do you a diagram later, heres what I was planning for my 4af head:

drawingintake01.jpg

if the throttles are just adapted to go directly to the head then there will be massive eddies in the air path as the air flows over a sharp edge. My aeronautical friends tell me the maximum change in angle in any intake before stuffing up the laminar flow is 7 degrees. There needs to be a radius from the intake ports angle to the horizontal angle of the throttles.

Edited by Sam_Q

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen it before and it had the same mistake. don't get me wrong your car is great and I think your doing a good job but I just think the design of your intake manifold is wrong. I will do you a diagram later, heres what I was planning for my 4af head:

drawingintake01.jpg

if the throttles are just adapted to go directly to the head then there will be massive eddies in the air path as the air flows over a sharp edge. My aeronautical friends tell me the maximum change in angle in any intake before stuffing up the laminar flow is 7 degrees. There needs to be a radius from the intake ports angle to the horizontal angle of the throttles.

it`s cool man you are right the person that made it did it wrong i told him to make it at a 45 degree angle but he forgot so what he did was angle the injectors to make up for it but also remember it`s a forced induction motor. the turbo is forcing air and fuel it the combustion chamber.

This is absolute sex on wheels, Is the carbon fibre stuff available to you or did you get it made?

so whats the specs of that engine? also was that adjustable cam gear or a one off fabricated item?

Sam we make adjustable cam gears at work out of originals, PM me if you are interested.

Thanks to everyone for the love. but to me the real love is these oldschool Toyotas you guys have here and the love and blood and sweat that goes into these cars that each and everyone of you pusses i could not get my hands on one of these here in the states, they run a pretty penny to find one in good shape. hope everyone here doesn't mind me enjoy watching you guys keeping it real and the love for the cars that started it all. keep building and restoring these beautiful cars to there glory. peace

Edited by pnyk33

• 2 months later...

This guy, he knows! Building a motor in your house = legendary :D

Awesome car man, any car nut would be hard pressed not to look at it and appreciate the amount of time, effort, and money you've put into it.

Shame about not being able to get any E7s over there. RWD + 4age is a lot of fun.

What made you choose to build up a 4afe over a 4age/ze?