Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

I can see the reason behind PWR steer, but A/C in a rally car???

Anyhow, sump guard is all finished and looks great, you can jack the car off it with out it deforming any great amount.

It weighs about half the weight of the alloy one!

She's all go at the moment to get things done.

Fired the engine back up today, now we have an oil leak again from the rear main seal, this is twice, so on closer inspection and a little measuring, found that the housing is oval. Bit strange but we have another and we'll use a genuine toyota seal in it, that should fix it.

Engine also got it's first good rev today, OMFG it is one angry :o engine!!

Have a long list of stuff that still has to be done, so after the rally this weekend I'll be doing 2-3 nights a week getting it ready for Urbanville.

Hoping to Rego it next week so we can run it in and also get the wheel alignment too.

Still have to make mud flaps, finish the light bar and rewire it, tune the carbs and engine.

6 new rally tyres get fitted up tomorrow, have to fit window winder handles and door handle buckets as well, so the front door panels have to come off to do that.

And the list goes on!! :hmm:

Members dont see this ad

Not for that car though I also said would like to see how you do that, got to have a little drive of one of the cars :laff: was lots of fun!

They are looking for a way to defog the windscreen down there cause they have no fan or anything he was trying to look for a strip type thing similar to a rear window demister or something like that but couldn't find anything.

You can lift the idle up via the air bleed screw.

My cheap-ass Toyota doesn't have one, and the ecu would automatically try to adjust it back down via the isc. :bash:
6000 rpm is considered the beginning of hi rpm.
fixed. :cool:
remove the A/C and power steering you pussy!! :lolcry:

:no2: Meow!

The lsd tries to rip the wheel out of my hands as it is, getting rid of the power steering might result in me breaking a nail :laff:

I'll tell you after Gallangowan this weekend whether the air con is staying or going.

Prepreg???

Yeah, the lack of an autoclave is a small problem.

With the sump guard, did you put the cloth on and then try to force the resin through it, or put the resin in and then lay the cloth on it and let the resin seep up through it?

Edited by rob323

I service for a friend down in vic and he has a vr rally commodore he is building atm but has taken out the heater and a/c cause it was so big and weighed shit loads so he will use some fans or something to demist the windscreen he didnt need a heater in his old vn cause the v8 had enough heat lol :wink: so u don't really need a/c its just useless weight u don't need and it provides somewhere to put other things :happy:

Good work on the rally car hope the first rally goes well for ya and can get all the cobwebs out of u and the car :lolcry:

see ya

jimi

I've got my fingers crossed that you have the Corolla ready for Border Ranges. Looks like we'll have to get TTQ (Team Toyota Queensland) up and going again as there's 8 Toyotas running at Gallangowan this weekend.

Hopefully I will have the big block in my car by Border Ranges (I don't think the supercharger will be fitted and tuned in time though) and I don't care what everyone else says, the a/c is staying :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Car gets RWC and Rego tomorrow!!

Jimi, I'm heading down to Vic for the first round of the 2wd series. on the 19th.

A good friend of mine has a Group B Celica replica he's running.

If your in or around the service park come and say hi.

Car gets RWC and Rego tomorrow!!

Jimi, I'm heading down to Vic for the first round of the 2wd series. on the 19th.

A good friend of mine has a Group B Celica replica he's running.

If your in or around the service park come and say hi.

:blinks: omg thats awesome as mate :dance: ill def be going up is that the one at ballarat ????

Dw i will def be going to look at ur car and that celica looks like the thing to look at and if ya want a hand in service just yell out I'm here to help :happy:

see ya

jimi