August 31, 201115 yr comment_550506 If I don't see you Friday night, all the best for down at the WRC Tony. Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_550508 Please excuse my french, but f&*k yeah! The car looks awesome, I hope you guys have a blast at Coffs. Oh, and pics/vids or it didn't happen :) Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_550521 Yeah man all the best down south. Oh, and pics/vids or it didn't happen :) +10 :) :jamie: Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_550532 Looks like ARP have an issue with their head bolts. But it's only the head bolt that feeds oil to the head, maybe using a standard bolts in that hole would fix this problem. That's exactly what happened to our engine Stu, but we caught it in time and managed to save most of the bottom end. Nice, I'll fix it in a couple of months as the owner of the car is overseas for a couple of months. Yeah we salvaged the conrods and studs. Had to machine block and crank again but everything else was bin fill!!! Good luck with the rally!!! Car is looking awesome. Stu. Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_550622 So glad I saw this thread. Was about to put my high comp high power engine together with ARP studs. Would have cried if it blew up. I've confirmed this issue with pictures if anyone is interested. Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_550648 i would like to see pics :D and good luck to you guys at the WRC :D Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_550668 Rather than hijack Trds thread I'll link to my post talking about it on AE86DC; http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/26285-quot-WARNING-quot-ARP-Head-Studs?p=826857&viewfull=1#post826857 Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_550671 So glad I saw this thread. Was about to put my high comp high power engine together with ARP studs. Would have cried if it blew up. I've confirmed this issue with pictures if anyone is interested. Worth starting another thread about the issue? I wonder if Tomei's head studs have solved the problem? I dare say they're made by ARP anyway but hopefully to Tomei's specifications. Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_550704 The car goes on the trailer saturday and we're off to the WRC sunday. WOW! Looks Great guys! I really wanted to go down and see it run but no cash. Good luck and smash the competition! We have to talk some time about a certain project When your not so busy!:o Handiman Report
September 2, 201115 yr Author comment_550863 I think it would be a good idea to start another thread about these head bolts and what CAN possibly happen!! At least it will give members/owners who are building a 4AGE something to look out for that could potentially destroy an engine. Report
September 6, 201115 yr Author comment_551794 Just got a Txt from Tony. The Corolla got weighed last night at scrutineering for the WRC and it came in at 809.1kg's with the lights on. Report
September 6, 201115 yr comment_551825 Fark! Looks like you boys know how to handle a hole saw and alloy bolts, well done! Report
September 7, 201115 yr Author comment_551903 Thanks mate, I'm very happy with that because it still has to have a fiberglass bonnet and boot as well as Lexan windows. So hopefully 750 with all of that done. :o But 809.1kg's with the lights on and ready to rally is very very good. :dance: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now