Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trds Rally Car

Featured Replies

Oh that sounds spot on!! Hope it's an easy fix for you guys.

  • Replies 771
  • Views 717.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There is NO pleasing some people!!!!!

  • Very tidy, under 800kg is awesome. What do you reakon is making the rear right side a touch heavier?

  • far out that is cool!   wanna hang onto those scales untill saturday? ive always wondered how heavy mine is.   mine is currently in full "comfortable" street trim. (ie grosely overweight...)

Posted Images

Chris, I was the muppet that took the video with Annette's video camera, sorry about the shaky hands (not enough c2h5oh in the system at that time of the day). I'm still picking crunchy brown boogas out of my nose thanks to those dirty rear wheel drive cars that stirred up all the dust though.

 

See what I mean that the car still sounds similar to when it had the old K motor.

I'm still picking crunchy brown boogas out of my nose thanks to those dirty rear wheel drive cars that stirred up all the dust though.

 

:lol:

  • 3 weeks later...

Just a update.

 

 

Been working on getting some more weight out of the car. Mainly the bonnet. Heres the new frame i just pulled out of the mould tonight.

 

post-451-0-53834800-1324290166_thumb.jpg

 

Also had the bearings turn up and the new Toyota crank.

 

post-451-0-84624600-1324290244_thumb.jpg

Cool bonnet thingy! Was it hard to make the moulds for the bonnet? I'm thinking of trying it one day.

Was the bonnet frame vacuum formed ? How many layers of the chopped 'glass did you use ? I'd be thinking you wouldn't have used that many cause the garage door can be seen through the 'glass.

 

Wicked cool but.

Not that hard to do, but if your a first timer at it start with something small. Youtube has some good video's on how its done.

 

 

The frame is only 1 layer and no gelcoat, the bonnet skin is going to be 2 layers with the frame put on last or between the 2. Not sure yet. Should be very light

Nice work :y: , I should've done something similar to this with my bonnet! Instead I just incorporated unidirectionals into the skin layup for the extra stiffness.

  • Author

Thought I'd repair a little damage that happened at the last rally, yes it only finished 3 stages!!

I'll be taking a mould off this and making a fiberglass one for next time, bloody hard work straightening this panel after a big f**ken rock hits it.

 

post-439-0-96427800-1324900941_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-08824900-1324900950_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-24155500-1324900957_thumb.jpg

  • Author

A few parts have turned up, Brand new pistons,rods and crank.

Hopefully we'll be able to get them to the machinist next week.

Tony has spent the last couple of days massaging the ports and I'm almost ready to put paint on the rear panel, then i can mould it up for a glass one.

 

post-439-0-93796800-1325062820_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-30440200-1325062836_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-15475900-1325062851_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-46085700-1325062866_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-78909400-1325062880_thumb.jpg

Nice work gents, good to see she'll be out there sooner rather than later :)

The picture of the piston looks kinda odd in a way with the offset hump. Thought the hump would have been more in the middle cause of the valves.

 

Love that sump guard by the way.

  • Author

Mmm, not sure if that's the way i've taken the picture or if it is offset.

I'll have a look when i'm there next.

 

Sump guard looks OK, far from prefect, but it is a sump guard after all.

I done another one for a mate of mine (Group B Celica) and he has bounced that over some shit, and it still looks good.

 

post-439-0-36744500-1325072127_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-01774100-1325072138_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-0-56048700-1325072146_thumb.jpg

 

Celica with the new flares. looks FAT!!!

post-439-0-95871900-1325072161_thumb.jpg

Edited by TRD ke70

Sump guard looks OK, far from prefect, but it is a sump guard after all.

I done another one for a mate of mine (Group B Celica) and he has bounced that over some shit, and it still looks good.

Shit, thats alright.

Celica with the new flares. looks FAT!!!

post-439-0-95871900-1325072161_thumb.jpg

Hehe, spotted Craig a couple of months back taking the celica for a trip up his street and back again. Sounded like sex on wheels and now it's going to look like phatty sex on wheels :cool:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.