Red Rocket's 5k Turbo Efi Ke55s

Red_rocket

Hello all, after having the corolla running for a few months its time to make the car look good!

First of all ill be stripping it and then removing the rust patches out of the vehicle and then giving her a nice paint job!

Not decided on what paint colour to give her but i am thinking of the XR8 Deepish Orange colour

once the rust is removed and panel work is done then its onto the engine to rebuild the turbo!(Unless a WRX turbo comes in cheaper)

Replace the camshaft with a standard one so the car can be tuned properly.

Try and get a stronger gearbox and diff...

Lower the front of the car and put some new shockies in there so the car doesnt bounce everywhere.

once up and running again, Respray the car to a colour which would look good.

Get the car tuned and running sweet!

The future plans would be to put some small rims maybe some 15's or 16's nothing to overkill... i want the car to look good without it being a cop magnet

If i could get input on what colour by all means have your say! ill be interested in seeing what car colours are out there!

I have attached a few pics of the car and rust holes so far!

Cheers

-Gerard

post-6068-1231229392_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1231229406_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1231229414_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1231229431.jpg

post-6068-1231229436.jpg

post-6068-1231229442.jpg

post-6068-1231229450.jpg

post-6068-1231229455.jpg

post-6068-1231229460.jpg

post-6068-1231229465.jpg

post-6068-1231229470.jpg

post-6068-1231229475.jpg

post-6068-1231229480.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate,

First things first, This car is SWEET.

What actually went wrong after the victor cruise? was it the gearbox?

Id be getting the rust in the sills fixed before it gets too worse. :P

The orange you speak of is Ford Blood Orange. Phantom Purple is sweet in my opinion.

It seems like a engine or turbo rebuild is defintaly on the cards. was blowing a bit of smoke on the victor cruise. Turbo or engine seals?

Hope to see more pics of the progress.

CHEERS

Ryan

Well after the GREAT victor cruse about 50meters from my house! (no lie) the gearbox went BANG!! big time! Haha

it jammed all the gears up i couldn't start the car with the clutch out even in neutral. oh well went to U PULL IT and got another one for $75

But now its off the road. The smoke that you see is the turbo seals have gone! oil is pushing through the seals.. hence the smoke!

Pulled about a liter of oil out of the intercooler! :P so yeah turbo rebuild here i come!

will post every bit of stuff i do with the car to help out people who are looking at doing the same!

Cheers

-Gerard

nice to see you've started on the body work now

you were saying something about it down at the hackham shopping centre wasn't ya?

can't wait to see it when its done

if you need a hand i'd be happy to help you out as i have nothing to do for a fair while

just pm me :y:

Yeah man! no worries.. i mean this wont happen overnight but it will happen!

That's a nice project, sad about the rust but that's what you can expect with old toyota's :y:. Color advise is always hard to say, different people, different choices... Have you got chrome bumpers or black ones, On chrome everything looks good on such a car. Black bumpers make it more difficult, with black's I would go for a lighter colour to give it some contrast.

Keep us updated!

That's a nice project, sad about the rust but that's what you can expect with old toyota's :y:. Color advise is always hard to say, different people, different choices... Have you got chrome bumpers or black ones, On chrome everything looks good on such a car. Black bumpers make it more difficult, with black's I would go for a lighter colour to give it some contrast.

Keep us updated!

Well, i would like chrome bumpers, there semi chrome, they got the black plastic capping on the ends..

I was thinking that XR8 orange, and having the rims black, front and rear bumpers chrome

And have the tail light surrounds black and tail lights a light tint of black and the air vents in the boot black too...

but then again having all them chrome would look killer too!!

Cheers

-Gerard

news flash, any colour you can imagine, seems to look good on a corolla. i have seen manyer unique and interesting colours on one over the year or so ive been a member and i have to admit i never saw a colour that i didn't like. i have also seen this colour on a coupe. and it looked MADD XD