Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red Rocket's 5k Turbo Efi Ke55s

Featured Replies

  • Replies 87
  • Views 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

i've seen them pop up on Ebay. I got mine from ebay for $250 and i saw one on there not that long ago i recon..

 

just an option i guess.

  • Author

Well all the welding is done on the panels now, next step is to fiberglass them all for the added strength and fill in the holes.

 

all the steel had to be tacked in couldn't do full welds, would blow through too easy. but all panels are strong.

 

Here are some pictures, everyone likes pictures.

post-6068-017920500 1301727987_thumb.jpg

post-6068-004049700 1301727989_thumb.jpg

post-6068-096962000 1301727990_thumb.jpg

post-6068-083920700 1301727992_thumb.jpg

post-6068-029549600 1301727994_thumb.jpg

post-6068-060533600 1301727997_thumb.jpg

post-6068-077745100 1301727999_thumb.jpg

post-6068-047351100 1301728001_thumb.jpg

post-6068-079467100 1301728003_thumb.jpg

post-6068-086084700 1301728005_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Small update.

 

Well, gotten all the fiber glass on all the panels, ready for sanding and then body filler and more sanding..

 

I started to pull down the engine and ive found that the motor didnt have a copper head gasket. and being a turbo do i need one?

 

The pistons and valves have a little carbon but apart from that i recon they look all ok.

 

-Gerard

I started to pull down the engine and ive found that the motor didnt have a copper head gasket. and being a turbo do i need one?

 

-Gerard

Simple answer is ONLY if you need to drop comp. Tazrx runs a genuine Toyota 5k head gasket and has proven reliable at 20+psi. I'm going to be pushing my new engine a bit more than this which is why the block is getting "o" ringed other than that I'm using same gasket setup as taz.

 

Stu.

Oh forgot he also has ARP head studs too.

  • Author

ahh too easy, thanks guys, i want the car to run at least 10psi. itll be enough for what i need anyway.

 

I mean the more the better, but also the more $$$ and then where does it stop...

 

I was told the motor was built to suit a turbo, it has a copper inlet and exhaust gasket. but who knows..

 

Ill keep everyone updated as i go.

 

Thanks Gerard

Simple answer is ONLY if you need to drop comp. Tazrx runs a genuine Toyota 5k head gasket and has proven reliable at 20+psi. I'm going to be pushing my new engine a bit more than this which is why the block is getting "o" ringed other than that I'm using same gasket setup as taz.

 

Stu.

 

I used to 15psi daily on a $23 permaseal gasket!!!!

 

But yes, now I'm running a genuine toyota one with ARP's.

 

To run a copper head gasket you actually HAVE TO HAVE AN O-RINGED BLOCK/HEAD!!!!

 

 

The copper manifold gasket is a great idea as stocko ones burn out way too quick.

was it a f**k around getting the 5k into the engine bay of the ke55?

  • Author

was it a f**k around getting the 5k into the engine bay of the ke55?

 

No. The 5K is the same as the 4K only bigger capacity, all mounts and exhaust fitted fine when i did the engine swap. with no hassles at all.

 

 

Taz_Rx - Thanks for that info, i wont be rushing in and getting a copper head gasket.

 

-Gerard

I used to 15psi daily on a $23 permaseal gasket!!!!

This reminded me when I pulled the head off my motor last night.

$8 protorque head gasket on 9psi for near 3 year and it still looked like it was still sealing well enough.

 

Stu.

That one only blew because my dizzy unlocked! Didn't like 30 odd extra degrees :P

Ouch so seeing as you were close to 30deg btdc did that make it 60??

Lucky you only lost a gasket then.

 

Stu.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.