A Heady Brew ...

yakkmeister

Since there is a good chance I can, down the line, acquire a 4A-FE powered AE92 for parts...

I was wondering if the 4A-FE head (thus allowing injection) bolt onto a 4A-FC block?

Has anyone done this and, if so, how did it go?

I also have no idea about compression ratios or interference/non-interference status on these engines ... that could be problem...

Anyway - let me know if anyone has done this or thinks it's possible. My theory is that it's a sound and good idea :)

Members dont see this ad
Since there is a good chance I can, down the line, acquire a 4A-FE powered AE92 for parts...

I was wondering if the 4A-FE head (thus allowing injection) bolt onto a 4A-FC block?

Has anyone done this and, if so, how did it go?

I also have no idea about compression ratios or interference/non-interference status on these engines ... that could be problem...

Anyway - let me know if anyone has done this or thinks it's possible. My theory is that it's a sound and good idea :)

I ran a 4AFE head on a 4AFC Block, The 2 heads are identical except for a fuel pump cut out and injectors in inlet ports.

I've also ran a big port 4ag head on a 4afc block for a while.

The only differences - water pump, timing belt and pulleys, the manifolds and the flywheel...

And from memory the A-series range is all non-interference heads (Except the 20v)

And i was told that it wouldn't work cause of the 4af pistons would give the motor a "super" low compression. Still reckon the motor had the same power but better economy after i did it....

I've also ran a big port 4ag head on a 4afc block for a while.

The only differences - water pump, timing belt and pulleys, the manifolds and the flywheel...

And from memory the A-series range is all non-interference heads (Except the 20v)

And i was told that it wouldn't work cause of the 4af pistons would give the motor a "super" low compression. Still reckon the motor had the same power but better economy after i did it....

Correct

excluding the 4A 4AC (as no valve cut outs on pistons)

no quite right

is more like this "all A-series range in non-interference(including the 20v)" :D

Wrong

quiet clearly 2 people in this post have ran other heads successfully.

Yes and no. Like you'd be wasting your time in fitting a 20v head to the 4a-f block. Where as the big port head wouldn't be so much of a waste of time.

All in all you'll be dealing with a crank that can only use a 6 bolt flywheel instead of an 8 bolt flywheel. Unless you swap in a 4ag crank, but then its a case of why bother.....

Yes and no. Like you'd be wasting your time in fitting a 20v head to the 4a-f block. Where as the big port head wouldn't be so much of a waste of time.

All in all you'll be dealing with a crank that can only use a 6 bolt flywheel instead of an 8 bolt flywheel. Unless you swap in a 4ag crank, but then its a case of why bother.....

Indeed!

The main idea here was to ascertain the possibility of running a 4AFE head on a 4AFE block - which seems to be the case.

I think using 4AGE heads would be a tad silly regardless though... don't they run a chain drive on those? (be stuffed if I can remember ...)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I ran a 4AFE head on a 4AFC Block, The 2 heads are identical except for a fuel pump cut out and injectors in inlet ports.

What did you have to do about the fuel pump cut out and injector inlet ports? I would like to keep the carby on the 4A-FC, so would the injector ports cause a problem?

Edited by kdrakon