Rusty Relics - Post Old And Abandoned Rollas Here

Tally

Members dont see this ad

Unfortunately I don't think bribery would get you anywhere in this case. Plus, if the people are ever allowed to return to their homes one would imagine they might want the old Toyota's - some were probably sold but never delivered...

Anyway more fun...

post-1424-041810900 1291865565_thumb.jpg

post-1424-065711900 1291865581_thumb.jpg

Bahahahaha

post-1424-057054600 1291865604_thumb.jpg

Love this one

post-1424-012038400 1291865631_thumb.jpg

Only in america would you find something like this...

post-1424-082021500 1291865669_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Being in the tropics, I find rusty old cars like that amazing.

Up here, they don't just develop a patina... They literally turn into rust coloured mud.

Leave a car stationary for more than 6 months and its irreperably destroyed, no chance of ever seeing the road again. Even cars only a few years old.

Being in the tropics, I find rusty old cars like that amazing.

Up here, they don't just develop a patina... They literally turn into rust coloured mud.

Leave a car stationary for more than 6 months and its irreperably destroyed, no chance of ever seeing the road again. Even cars only a few years old.

Uncle Shady has a good point - here in SA we have some incredibly dry wreckers where scorching UV rays are the main issue, but many shells survive...albeit with badly sun-damaged interiors and plastics.

Some of the cars myself and Tally have posted (from a particular yard here in SA pages 14, 15 i think) have been there over 30 years and are perfectly salvageable for restoration - once you remove the 30 years of moss growing on them!

The Stout ute in my av is the perfect bloody example of this - despite missing the rear section of the chassis and lots of other stuff, the shell and bosy are in awesome condition...I want to buy it as a garden ornament :yes:

Edited by TOM

I love finding rusty relics, find it really enjoyable.

when I'm driving around town and surrounding suburbs I'm always looking for old cars.

and when I'm far out in the bush I'm always looking for old cars in paddocks and the likes.

Just the excitement of finding a unique car, that always has a story to go with it about how it ended up where it is.

and when I'm not out looking for them, I'm looking for them on the internet :P

Edited by Tally